Is that possible to..

Taurus

Reaction score
Live lonely for rest of your life and will live shorter than person who have social life.. :shock:

is that true? My friends mentioned that..

Yep, its true. It is directly related to increased stress levels.

It varies on the individual.

Some people live long lives while lonely, while others live short lives while lonely.

It varies on the individual.

Some people live long lives while lonely, while others live short lives while lonely

That is because being alone is not necessarily lonely. I was alone for most of 30 years before I married the first time. I was never lonely and not looking for a wife. We just happened. We were married almost 30 years.

For 5 years after she died I was alone, but never once lonely and not looking for a wife. Then my current wife and I happened to each other. Now I am married again with a huge, wonderful family.

But sometimes I miss being alone.

That is because being alone is not necessarily lonely. I was alone for most of 30 years before I married the first time. I was never lonely and not looking for a wife. We just happened. We were married almost 30 years.

For 5 years after she died I was alone, but never once lonely and not looking for a wife. Then my current wife and I happened to each other. Now I am married again with a huge, wonderful family.

But sometimes I miss being alone.

Quite true, Berry. I have been widowed for 18 years. Never have I been lonely. However, I do treasure being alone at times.

Live lonely for rest of your life and will live shorter than person who have social life.. :shock:

is that true? My friends mentioned that..

generally? yes that's true. it's same for people living high-stress life. same for people who are constantly angry. coach potato, addicts, etc....

I think it depends on how lonely you lead your life.

Let's say - If you live alone but yet you lead a social life; at times you may be lonely but you will still be productive.

If you were to live alone and be lonely with no social life at all - It has been proven it leads to depression or a lot worse.

I was reading a blog about this and thought it was interesting. It is written by Allan N. Schwartz, LCSW, PhD.

The Health Dangers of Loneliness - Life Issues

Wanting to be alone is much different than being lonely.

That is very true. Sometimes people who gets lonely become uptight and anxiety like parnoid (fear of being lonely) and can cause stress very badly. It can also cause depression too. Various people like to be alone more than being in social circle. For me, I like to be alone sometime but I don't want to be alone all the time so I have company like my husband who is always there with me. My husband don't like to be alone, either. Do you know there are other people who are lonely and quiet that become dangerous to himself or herself and commit a crime like shooting people for no apparent reason or using knife to stab somone when they go crazy. This is scary. :hmm:

I believe that if I didn't have kids, or a job or family, I would be so happy to live in the woods all by myself! But I think the people here at this site are a special kind of people that doesn't get scared when alone only because they are already alone cuz of the whole hearing thing, kwim? To have to not deal w/ people really intrigues me, maybe not you, but for me it does anyway. I really do have issues but I really like the thought of never having to work so hard to communitcate. Besides, religion keeps me busy enough.

Wanting to be alone is much different than being lonely.

Yes, Wanting to be alone is much different than being lonely.

If you were to be lonely at no choice - That'd be a lot different than what it is really to be wanting to be alone.

So, It is by choice if they want to be alone or to be lonely.

Im happy being alone because I have pets. So it doesn't really matter for me as Im not lonely even though I am alone.

People that have a dog (or other pets) tend to live longer than people living on their own. :lol::D

Quite true, Berry. I have been widowed for 18 years. Never have I been lonely. However, I do treasure being alone at times

I find a lot of hearing people are afraid of silence. A lot of hearing people are afraid of being alone. Not to mention being afraid of the dark and afraid of ghosts.

During my five single years after my wife died people would come to visit. They would turn on the TV but I did not have cable hooked up. Then they would look for a radio or stereo to play music on. They would be upset because there was none.

Why on Earth would I want sound going when I had company if I didn't feel the need for it when I was alone.

I think a lot of people are lonely and having someone with them does not seem to help. Why else would they come to visit me and then want to turn on a bunch of sound we would only have to raise our voices to talk over?

I find a lot of hearing people are afraid of silence. A lot of hearing people are afraid of being alone. Not to mention being afraid of the dark and afraid of ghosts.

During my five single years after my wife died people would come to visit. They would turn on the TV but I did not have cable hooked up. Then they would look for a radio or stereo to play music on. They would be upset because there was none.

Why on Earth would I want sound going when I had company if I didn't feel the need for it when I was alone.

I think a lot of people are lonely and having someone with them does not seem to help. Why else would they come to visit me and then want to turn on a bunch of sound we would only have to raise our voices to talk over?

I think you are correct, Berry. Too many look for stimulus outside themselves to fill the hole that can only be filled from the inside.

I have days on end that my T.V. never gets turned on, nor my stereo.

It is true. Here's a perfect example: Many develop disabled clients are in that category. They do not have a good social life and they're generally lonely and depressing in general. Their lifespan on average is shorter than the individuals that are not develop disabled. I learned about that in the classes for my job.

Thank you, S.O.B.:ty:
That means a lot!:hug:

Yep I do enjoying read jillo's posts too. :D

However...

Here opposite!! :)

Live busy for rest of your life and so What happen? live shorter or longer? :hmm:

I think you are correct, Berry. Too many look for stimulus outside themselves to fill the hole that can only be filled from the inside.

I have days on end that my T.V. never gets turned on, nor my stereo

Yet from what I have read of your posts your mind is never still.

Back