Is Photos Of Children Ok For Internet World To See?

Opal

Reaction score
I see there are some ADers post to show their children's photos for us to share and have you ever wondering about Pedophile or Pervert came across this forum to see photos here?

I admit to say my husband is not keen to put our children photos here because he thinks its parent's responsible to keep children's identidy secret.

I just cringe when I see people post pictures of their adorable children in here and other forums, maybe I am being silly?

What do you think of it? (I feel uneasy to bring this up!!!) (Should I say nothing and mind my own business?)

LOL It's ok to create a thread like this and ask ADers for their opinions, feedbacks and so forth. :)

As it's for me, I am usin' my judgment not to give out too much info. on my children, except their ages and what they looked like. I want people from this AD to know that I have my own children. I am a mother. I am sure they share theirs as well, but it's their responsiblity to use their judgment on whether to give out the info. on their children. :)

Good thread, Red~Rum !!

Red Rum thanks :)

I'm not saying the admins have to be responsible to screen that out or play net nannies. There r no right or wrong opinions :)

cyberr, it's fine that you're being careful and good idea about not giving out much info. you seem like a very loving parent :)

A friend showed me a thread at another (DEAF) forum where an irresponsible parent gave out her real name and asked if anyone could be her child's pen pal.. i dont know if this guy was trying to be funny, but he was a self proclaimed pedophile and said he would LOVE to be the little girl's pen pal and knew where they lived because the parent gave out her real name. *shaking head* what a scary situation.

Liza said:
A friend showed me a thread at another (DEAF) forum where an irresponsible parent gave out her real name and asked if anyone could be her child's pen pal.. i dont know if this guy was trying to be funny, but he was a self proclaimed pedophile and said he would LOVE to be the little girl's pen pal and knew where they lived because the parent gave out her real name. *shaking head* what a scary situation.

See how easy target it is !!

Good thread, RedRum... :)

Yeah, I saw a lot of pictures of babies to children at Catalogs, magazines, greeting cards, postcards e.g. at every stores & online shopping at websites.

A lot of pictures of babies to toddlers are shown at the window of the photo stores at everywhere. It’s worst than we add our photos to share here like what Cyberred said.

Look at the example about Elvis Presley’s granddaughter, also other children models, too…. It's worst than we share our simple photos here.

Did you heard about Anne Geddes? If yes, she’s well known in the world to create beautiful pictures of babies to toddlers into posters & greeting cards, also websites, too. I wouldn’t add my children like this to world but share my photo of my children with parents here.

I would like to remind you that there is not only Internet, the Pedophile or Pervert go after, but schools, streets, Park, everywhere e.g.

You can’t hide your children from that world because the Pedophiles or Perverts are around at everywhere in the world.

I'm proud mother like you to share the photos of our children here because they don't have password to open the "photo" thread. It's safety thread..

Most important is to protect our children from risk world:

Educate the children how to protect themselves from Pedophile or Pervert at everywhere & Internet…
NEVER let the children to join adult forums but use kid’s discussion forums with handle names.
Don’t talk to strangers…
Do not accept any sweets from the strangers.

Last edited:
My brother wasn't so keen about the idea of having my daughter's website with full of pictures of her and her family on-line. Since my brother is a Correction Officer and he intend to keep a low profile so I can understand why he feels that way. What my dad always says, "There's a lot of screwballs out there, so be careful." Ahhh... I might consider put a password on my daughter's site just to be safe.

I think that pictures are alright since it's being done a lot nowadays... as long as the details are kept out of it. Sure, I can freely put my picture up here... and only worry about women asking to date me. However, I wouldn't post my home address, phone number, or anything that reveals in detail who I am. It would take an elite hacker to figure out where you live and what are the odds of an elite hacker also being a pedophile? Many families post pictures of their children on the web to show the public. They even offer free photo albums like Imagestation. You all shouldn't be that concerned. Just pictures are good enough. :thumb:

yes good points..
When in doubt or just being paranoid, then dont do it.
If you feel secure about it, then do it..
Its up to parents whether to do it or not.

Liebling:-))) said:
Good thread, RedRum... :)

Yeah, I saw a lot of pictures of babies to children at Catalogs, magazines, greeting cards, postcards e.g. at every stores & online shopping at websites.

A lot of pictures of babies to toddlers are shown at the window of the photo stores at everywhere. It’s worst than we add our photos to share here like what Cyberred said.

Look at the example about Elvis Presley’s granddaughter, also other children models, too…. It's worst than we share our simple photos here.

Did you heard about Anne Geddes? If yes, she’s well known in the world to create beautiful pictures of babies to toddlers into posters & greeting cards, also websites, too. I wouldn’t add my children like this to world but share my photo of my children with parents here.

I would like to remind you that there is not only Internet, the Pedophile or Pervert go after, but schools, streets, Park, everywhere e.g.

You can’t hide your children from that world because the Pedophiles or Perverts are around at everywhere in the world.

I'm proud mother like you to share the photos of our children here because they don't have password to open the "photo" thread. It's safety thread..

Most important is to protect our children from risk world:

Educate the children how to protect themselves from Pedophile or Pervert at everywhere & Internet…
NEVER let the children to join adult forums but use kid’s discussion forums with handle names.
Don’t talk to strangers…
Do not accept any sweets from the strangers.
I second that Liebling too.. as such her comment quite as well plus includes RedRum's comment too..
Pretty scary for me but as long My children are handle and knows my rules not allowed to talk stranger if asking you about Mommy want me take you drop off.. Kids will not fall for it.. As long be careful with whoever pevert are...
R u totally agreed excellent thread..
Why don't put "private members only" as same penisuruim which more safer photo of children or family release the photos.. for privacy their idenity ?

i dont think its a risky issue as long as the child(ren)'s names are not told/mentioned, and the parents' city of residence are kept hidden and no other pertinent info is given out -- just the child(ren)'s ages are fine

Most of my friends put pictures of their children (most family pics) in their campaign literatures, websites, etc...

i agree.. I never will give away last names..

However, i notice that many times on newspaper.. they always reveal the real name first and last.. heh.

I belive showing pictures is good enough and the age. and first name is a bit okay.

but not alot of pictures.. i think just a few pictures like once a year is enough.

I agree on the privacy for kids' photos shown on the web. It's best to keep details to a minimum.

Red~Rum said:
I see there are some ADers post to show their children's photos for us to share and have you ever wondering about Pedophile or Pervert came across this forum to see photos here?

I admit to say my husband is not keen to put our children photos here because he thinks its parent's responsible to keep children's identidy secret.

I just cringe when I see people post pictures of their adorable children in here and other forums, maybe I am being silly?

What do you think of it? (I feel uneasy to bring this up!!!) (Should I say nothing and mind my own business?)

Oh goodness! Well, I do not have children, but I have a nephew and a niece, and they are both very young. Neither child is of school age yet. I must say that it is very easy to be lulled into a sense of security when you think you are among friends and you want to show your child off to them, because said child is SO adorable. I would say that it is safer to send pics in private email than on a forum like this one. You just NEVER KNOW who maybe passing through, and as pointed out, that person could just as easiely be a pedophile as your best friend!

So, the moral of the story is: HAVE SOME COMMON SENSE when you are on the internet! NEVER give any info away that could make it easy for that child to become a target! And, know WHO you are sending a picture to, and under what circumstances that pic is being sent!

I know what u mean Red~Rum.....I do not see a problem with posting Pictures of your Children as long they are fully dressed. I Do say the ages of my boys and their first names But, Not like home address or their last name or their Father's Name. :mrgreen:

Back