Is it worth to buy 230mpg car in 2010?

I couldnt find the price tag of this car. Do you know how much it would cost?

for 230mpg car.. $40,000 dollars

but tax credit thing.. it reduce to 32,500 dollars

Let's see...

How much would it cost to keep it running?

Think of the price of the car plus the cost to keep it running... between a regular car and this 230 mpg car. Which would really save you money?

It's not 230MPG, it's 50MPG due to it's hybrid design. Not worth the $40k price tag. Ill stick to public transportation and carpooling.

It lacks low range gearing and bigger tires, so I'll pass.

It's all in what is important to you. My truck does more for me than that car can.

It's not 230MPG, it's 50MPG due to it's hybrid design. Not worth the $40k price tag. Ill stick to public transportation and carpooling.

:shock: it isnt 230mpg?!? I dont understand why they mentioned it is 230 mpg at first place?

:shock: it isnt 230mpg?!? I dont understand why they mentioned it is 230 mpg at first place?

Deception in advertising. The battery holds enough charge for 40 miles and they use that in the calculation. If you use only the gas, you get 50mpg. It's a hybrid battery/gas car.

Thus... "hybrid."

It uses both at the same time.

Nothing deceptive about it.

Using power from the battery is still using gas. It requires gas to generate electricity and to recharge the battery. So you still pay for battery power, the bill just happens to go to the power plant instead of a gas station. They should factor in the gas cost it takes to recharge the battery into the mpg!

I would not buy that car!

I had to agree with others that it is depetive advertisement. Batteries do NOT last longer than 5 years, unless your really lucky to get longer than that. If you think you can sell before 5 years, trust me depreciation will bite you big time. Why? Because the buyer will be aware of replaccement cost of the batteries and ask you to decrease your asking price.

These batteries are NOT cheap, probably over $5k to replace it, and where to dispose them, they got chemical and can impact the environment.

Finally, most of advertisement is just full of it, they don't tell you the dark truth and I have seen enough. Want proof, look at Prius, they got higher mileage but the catch is it is only in city, but not highway and they are pricey.

I would only agree to Hydrogen Fuel Cell. Plenty of Hydrogen on this Earth.

Batteries last longer than you think. There's a taxi driver using a Toyota Prius and drove more than 200k miles on it and still has the orginal batteries.....it hasn't failed on him.

It is not mileage, it is AGE that has affect on batteries. If you can get 500K miles within 5 years then yes it will happen, but if you only drove 50k miles in 5 years and you will end up need replace batteries.

No batteries last forever.

I remember talking with one of Deaf person in Connecticut that is Chemist, he told me why batteries don't last forever, it is chemical compound inside batteries and they do rot like rust, once it gets to the point of "Rust though" it quit working. It does not matter how much you use it.

Batteries last longer than you think. There's a taxi driver using a Toyota Prius and drove more than 200k miles on it and still has the orginal batteries.....it hasn't failed on him.

It is not mileage, it is AGE that has affect on batteries. If you can get 500K miles within 5 years then yes it will happen, but if you only drove 50k miles in 5 years and you will end up need replace batteries.

No batteries last forever.

I just wish batteries last longer than 5 years....10 years would be more reasonable for the general market.

Yeah, I agreed but the batteries is something that I really don't like is that it has chemicals, not easy to dispose of. One thing I can say for sure that today batteries are more durable and powerful yet it does not live forever whether use it or not.

I just wish batteries last longer than 5 years....10 years would be more reasonable for the general market.

Yeah, I agreed but the batteries is something that I really don't like is that it has chemicals, not easy to dispose of. One thing I can say for sure that today batteries are more durable and powerful yet it does not live forever whether use it or not.

Yeah...that part sucks...at least we have battery recycling program to dispose them safely... the library near my home has battery recycling bin where I can discard the dead batteries either rechargable and alkaline ones.

Oh, thanks for explaining to me.

*sighs* I guess I'll have to find another car :(

Back