Is it right for an audiologist to deny service cause they thought I bought my hearing aids from Internet?

Presbyter

Reaction score
That accusation came out of the blue cause I didn't say anything about where I got my hearing aids AT ALL . I wanted service near me cause I can't travel far to my hearing aid dealer. Perhaps that audio (was my former audio) thought I was too HoH (severe-profound, no profound nor profound-deaf{???}) to be serviced like she doesn't feel up to it. I'm in my mid 60's and had a lifelong services from many audios without a problem until this one. She ran me off with a cochlear implant suggestion.

Why so much paranoia with this provider?

Did she outright say no, she would not service or did she tell you there would be a fee. Most audiologist will charge a "new patient" fee to work with hearing aids that they had not serviced before. It takes time to set up the software to your hearing specifications.

Perhaps you've reached the point that hearing aids won't help you and therefore you're a candidate for a cochlear implant. Have you considered getting evaluated for a CI at a CI clinic?

Did she outright say no, she would not service or did she tell you there would be a fee. Most audiologist will charge a "new patient" fee to work with hearing aids that they had not serviced before. It takes time to set up the software to your hearing specifications.

Perhaps you've reached the point that hearing aids won't help you and therefore you're a candidate for a cochlear implant. Have you considered getting evaluated for a CI at a CI clinic?
I talked to another audio, She, with a "how strange" face, said theres no such thing as losing a license for programming hearing aids bought on Internet. Thats how the criminal audiologist said, "no." So yes, she said no. Fees are fine. I am a candidate for CI but 60+ years as a HoH person doing well with hearing aids shows the professional criminal audiologist not to be a professional. There are many fake professionals that don't know crap about programming. It's illegal to disguise as a professional just like its illegal to pretend to be a policeman.
So yes, she denied services based on something. Isn't that illegal? Course General Attorney isn't going to do anything about most anti-ADA criminals. He's too busy with the wasteful maggots wasting our tax dollars.

Back