Is it okay to call people a retard ?

Will ya guys fuckin' get real?
It is not "reatarted", it is "retarded".
I think it makes a difference.
Betcha Shakespeare dies so too.

See? I fucked up.
So either send me to Alaska or shuddup.
(Hoping for Alaska though.)

Beowulf said:
Will ya guys fuckin' get real?
It is not "reatarted", it is "retarded".
I think it makes a difference.
Betcha Shakespeare dies so too.

Dude, he's been dead for a few hundered years, how can he die now?

Megladon said:
Ok, now i think your going just a bit overboard here. Someone that calls someone a retard (assuming they are not) because they are mad at the person, or thinks their dumb can hardly be compaired to a nazi or racist. Its totaly different. You typing that does infact make me think your retarted. However i'm pretty sure your not. Perhaps overreact less and learn to let things go if someone says something that obviously isnt true.

Megladon & Pinkster....

Pinkster, I understand what you were sayin'. This thread is NOT about "pointin' a finger" to someone else. If, my child was callin' someone else in a class at school that she/he is a retarded. I don't allow my child to call-namin' to someone else and I would tell my child that it is NOT acceptable! It doesn't mean that I am pointin' a finger to my child, but to direct my child in a proper way....lettin' my child to KNOW that it is offensive. I am sure some mothers agree with me on that as well.

And, you Megladon...

No body is callin' me a "retard" in this AD. That word "retard" is not acceptable to name-callin' anyone. By name-callin' someone is pointin' a finger when it comes out of the mouth. Let's learn to respect others and leave that name-callin' out of the line.........

Banjo said:
It's against the law?

I personally don't believe there should be laws based on name-callings. But I do believe that it should be frowned upon.

remember the movie - "Demo Man"? :)
People being fine for use nasty lanugage. ;)

I am the one who strong against someone call someone else retard !!! It make me piss off as they said it is not for u it is for someone else ... I told them I don't care who ur talk to ... i still stand and firm and on their side no way to say that words to anyone ... I really resisit it big times !!! they asked me what is the approiate to say instead of that words ??? I say just simple say low funcation is good enuff and consider it is more somewhat polite ! ..

the reasons why i resist that words becasue when i was young and one person who is actually LF (low funcation) when i call him Retard and he blow his head off and punch me really hard and wake me up and i asked what wrong with that ... he said he resist it ... i am just simple who i am ... nobody can call me like that ... and it make me think twice how it affect me if someone called me like that and i finally understood how it feel... so i decided to say LF that is good enuff ... and simple words ... no hard feelings !!

Also, How will u feel when someone call ur kids retard ??? Think about it ...

CyberRed said:
Megladon & Pinkster....

Pinkster, I understand what you were sayin'. This thread is NOT about "pointin' a finger" to someone else. If, my child was callin' someone else in a class at school that she/he is a retarded. I don't allow my child to call-namin' to someone else and I would tell my child that it is NOT acceptable! It doesn't mean that I am pointin' a finger to my child, but to direct my child in a proper way....lettin' my child to KNOW that it is offensive. I am sure some mothers agree with me on that as well.

And, you Megladon...

No body is callin' me a "retard" in this AD. That word "retard" is not acceptable to name-callin' anyone. By name-callin' someone is pointin' a finger when it comes out of the mouth. Let's learn to respect others and leave that name-callin' out of the line.........

So if someone doesnt like you do you prefer them to do this: Oh cyber red, i think your the coolest person, man wont you be my friend? We should hand out all the time cuz i think your sooo cool? I think it would just be easier to have someone call you a dumbass and leave then to sit through all that sarcasm and bs. But hey, whatever makes you happy :bye:

I do not think it is right to call anyone names but, Most of Us do for matter of facts I do know nobody is perfect we all makes mistakes and I am Sure They did not mean to offended someone's feelings.

Let's be Honest here there some Name Calling that could be just anything Like "Post somewhere else Where you are good at" that is just like judging a person for their Skills of knowledge and of course that is Insults a person. What can you do about it? Just ignored some name calling and make them look like a fool because honestly it is a real shut off to read. :thumb:

I agree.....Name Calling IS unacceptable!! :pissed:

AllDeaf IS indeed a place for freedom of speech and not freedom of ABUSE..... If people can't see the difference, then there's a problem.... :(

People with smarts and thick skin know damned well that name-calling is just a red herring across the trail in a discussion. People know that the name-caller does so to divert attention from his/her own ignorance about what's being discussed. Let it slide like so much water off a duck cos ya know the REAL truth behind name-calling tactics!

Tousi said:
People with smarts and thick skin know damned well that name-calling is just a red herring across the trail in a discussion. People know that the name-caller does so to divert attention from his/her own ignorance about what's being discussed. Let it slide like so much water off a duck cos ya know the REAL truth behind name-calling tactics!

I totally agree with you, Tousi :D About the red herring...
What I don't understand is why people would rather continue to be such pessimists or negative enablers than optimists. Doesnt help if the other person enables the pessimists in their level either by replying back with a same-spirited retort or so, methinks. Some of you had good advice too - to ignore 'em. :)

^Angel^ said:
AllDeaf IS indeed a place for freedom of speech and not freedom of ABUSE.....

Well then alldeaf is walking a tight rope. Free speech, while not impeeding upon my ability to call someone a dumbass. I guess its up to Alex to decide what alldeaf is. Since he owns the site he can determine if he wants freedom of speach. While we are given that right from our govt to use, it doesnt mean that someone has to print everything we say. So until someone steps in that says anything, i'd like the oppertunity to say that this entire thread has become retarted and can a mod lock it please?

Lets just DONT use any name calling in here , period!! If you cant refrain from calling somebody a nasty name, then dont post in here, is all!!

Defee said:
Lets just DONT use any name calling in here , period!! If you cant refrain from calling somebody a nasty name, then dont post in here, is all!!

I agree :) As I've said, name calling is wrong, but it is bound to happen whether we want it to or not. The downside of being human! :)

As for free speech, we all know that free speech is limited. *shrugs*

pinkster said:
I agree :) As I've said, name calling is wrong, but it is bound to happen whether we want it to or not. The downside of being human! :)

As for free speech, we all know that free speech is limited. *shrugs*
Thats right, Pinkster...it is bound to happen especially in a fit of rage! thats you call downside of being a human!

Defee said:

If there is anything i've learned from pro sports and a beer ad, if you cant say anything nice, say it really really loud!

It is not okay to call them a retard, because it can offend them. But they must learn to ignore them. Just because they are plain immature. If they think they are retard then don't bother to say it or they can use other words to use. They can tell them how they feel instead of call someone's names that would make their feel so down. You can help them to understand better so they will not feel so fool. They just have their own different interests. We all are not the same.

Crazy people out there.. they do call them some names. They just do :pissed: and I would :laugh2:

Back