Is it okay for the (underage) teenagers have an abortion without parental knowledge?

Is it okay for the (underage) teenagers have an abortion without parental knowledge?

• Yes

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you beleive the parents have the right to be told that their teenagers (underage) have an abortions?

Come and discuss...

No, I rather my teenager come to me and wanted an abortion for her own reasons. Even though I don't believe in an abortion UNLESS there is a reasons... raped, baby's health isn't great, and there are more reasons to put on the list. Then I would have an abortion. I know I will be sad for doing it.

The reason, I created a thread here because of this.
http://www.alldeaf.com/current-events/39764-parents-know-best-view-outdated.html

Yes, I rather to have my teenagers to discuss their decision with me either they want to keep or abort their baby. I will support if they keep their baby and will suggest them to give baby up for an adoption if they don't want to keep their baby. I will be force to support their wishes if they insisted to abort their baby.

If I say no-no to abortion then teenagers will seek behind my back which no good...

teenager... oh well!!!

I voted no, I rather to be involved with the discussion, because I don't want my teens to go to the wrong clinic, which unsafe and fatal abortions when they don't have any money.

*curious* why someone vote "Yes" on the poll without post their view on here?

I am interesting to hear why they are for it.

NO.... Im not forcing them to have abortion as my rights! forget it..

Unless if it's serouis rape! I willing open understand which it's very good reason. Too much painful memory scar their mind about what happened!
Sure go ahead Terminate baby.

In New Hampshire, they are trying to get the state laws for teenagers to have parental permission to have abortions. Who is paying for their health insurance for girls under age 18 and still in school? I voted no. I believe it's a lack of education about sex. I've always teach my kids about sex, diseases, drugs, etc. My ex-husband's 16 yrs old niece is pregnant and her mother don't care if she's pregnant or not. She's been forced to quit to school because who is going to take care of her baby while she's in school. How sad it is? Apparently, her mother never talks openly about sex and pregnancy. Look what's happening today. Don't be embarrassed to talk to your kids about sex. My mother never talk about it to me. All she did was give me a books called "What's happening to me" and "Where did I come from."

Amazon.com: Where Did I Come From?: Books: Peter Mayle

I vote no I rather discuss with daughter for REASON having abortion bec of Rape or something happen to health i'm willing help her out instead go head abortion w/out let me know for reason that why discuss is coming frist than HIDE from them ;)

I think teens should have every right to leave their parents uninformed about their choice to have an abortion. It's a personal choice, and bringing it out into the family can lead to major issues (disowning, family conflict) ect. While I'd encourage girls to tell their families, or at least some responsible adult aside from the father, it is in the end her body, and her baby.

I'm on the fence about this one cuz I don't have kids, and I feel abortion is a private issue for each woman.. Yes, I understand parents' views on this issue. But I've seen some homes where the daughters were told if they got pregnant before they got married, they would be disowned and banished from the family for life.. So I can understand how some girls would be scared to tell their parents.

My view might change if I have kids.. I don't know yet. Come back and ask once I have a kid :)

my vote says yes

but if i have my own daughter one days myself how i can handle tell who had sex with any boys and unexplain for that! and if my daughter would get self get pregnant test if you are really have baby underages 21 years old or not you should going abortion! if underages 21 years old dont have jobs they dont have baby they forget it! where get money comes from!

mostly girls who have baby at ages 15 or whatever ages that off limit! but if i have my own daughter one days must getting married and have children one days and dont first baby and married that silly question!

my cousin who have first baby at ages 18 years old they second baby at 19 years old i think so im not sure but she dont get abortion of baby its her decide what she wanted to kept.

mostly girls wanted kept baby or not and dont know how hold baby they send to adoption agency to find foster parents who never been pregnant for years or miscarriages

As for me not sure ... could be many reason for the teenager to have an abortion like abuse by a member of the family, religion, etc

What if the girl gets an infection or excessive bleeding from the abortion?

What if the girl has deep depression after the abortion?

Who will be responsible? How will the parents help her if they don't even know something is wrong?

Will the girl be able to get an abortion with NO adult taking legal and financial responsibility? Who will make sure she gets good medical care and emotional support?

How come minor girls can't get other medical procedures or medications without parental permission? Maybe there's a good reason that doctors don't treat minors without permission.

How does the abortion clinic know the girl's medical history? Kids don't always know their history, or don't tell the truth about it. That can be a fatal mistake.

How do the clinic people know that the girl is telling the truth about her parents?

voted no. I have 2 daughters. they know their consequences about sex. My girls knows it is baby's right, not woman's. Met several women who couldn't have a child bec first one been aborted, their pregnancy impossible to concieved , bec of iodine and the damage in their inner body. As long a child living under parent's roof, parent's need to know. THe problem is, more and more failing to understand the meaning of parents or parenting.

What if the girl gets an infection or excessive bleeding from the abortion?

What if the girl has deep depression after the abortion?

Who will be responsible? How will the parents help her if they don't even know something is wrong?

Will the girl be able to get an abortion with NO adult taking legal and financial responsibility? Who will make sure she gets good medical care and emotional support?

How come minor girls can't get other medical procedures or medications without parental permission? Maybe there's a good reason that doctors don't treat minors without permission.

How does the abortion clinic know the girl's medical history? Kids don't always know their history, or don't tell the truth about it. That can be a fatal mistake.

How do the clinic people know that the girl is telling the truth about her parents?

You're making the wonderfully bright assumption that all parents will be supportive and there for their daughter if they find out she's pregnant, which is several miles faulty in todays world.

I've been to Planned Parenthood, received birth control, exams, ect without my parents knowing. In my state at least, a girl is considered emancipated during the duration of her prenancy, ie, she can make her own medical choices.

All that aside- if you do require parental knowledge, or even consent, will it not lead to far more dangerous back-alley abortions? I'd rather my child get a safe legal abortion without my understanding as opposed to them being desperate enough to seriously harm themselves to keep a secret. You can't prevent people from doing it, but you can give them the safest means possible to do it.

Negative. Negative. Do you copy? I voted no unless if it's serious raped or my (don't have the kids yet) daughter's boyfriend that I hate. lol

wow, many have good points here. I will be back for further post later.

Back