Is it ok to be only friends....

prostock19

Reaction score
if you are still in love with an ex?

Recently, my ex and I have started talking again. I am still in love with her. I thought about her when I was with my last girlfriend. I use to say her name in my sleep. But, with me wanting to eventually to get back in a relationship with this girl, and she only wants to be friends, is this going to work out?

Mm, I've never been in so much love before. From my experiences, I've learned my lesson not to be good friends with my exes because things weren't the same and other reasons. So, if I was in your shoes, I'll keep distance from her (no talking/hanging out) and get on with my own life. This may take a while to move on but at least it'd might help.

I am not friends with any one of my exs, except for my recent one, but things are not the same though. We barely talk now. I still do have feelings somewhat, but to be back in a romantic relationship after going through all what I did, I do not think I would want to carry on with the relationship again. However, for some ppl, some got divorced and went back to their high school sweethearts only to get married again. So, I really :dunno: how to reply to your question.

Once break up..
__________Draw line ~good bye..

*Friends* ?? depends.. if talk shits/obsessive etc..
__________Draw line.. Out of my life :)

My 1st ex husband.. and his wife.. and I are just.. *people*...
notheless more than a friend.. cuz of my first daughter's sake to work out on visitations..
My 2nd ex husband.. kept on talking shits on me and his own kids and never see them since 7 years..
so .. ___draw line___
and court threw him out in trash and let the bums find him..
:rofl:

right now, we're just talking online and stuff. that is it. we aren't talking shits or anything. talking good and getting along.

every time i break up with an ex, we dont talk afterwards as much as i would like to, because it would be awkward to chat with your ex and find out about their sex life.

Originally posted by prostock19
if you are still in love with an ex?

Recently, my ex and I have started talking again. I am still in love with her. I thought about her when I was with my last girlfriend. I use to say her name in my sleep. But, with me wanting to eventually to get back in a relationship with this girl, and she only wants to be friends, is this going to work out?

it's good to be friends and to rebulid friendship then may be in relationship later on if she likes u better later on if not go figures :)

i guess so? i do talk to my ex- but its not like we get along *rolls eyes* lol... yeh it 'd be funny talkin about your sex life or hearing about ur ex's sex life. :dunno: good luck, matt!

Matt - some people would be weird with that. You are entitled to your feelings, though. I am better friends with my ex's new wife than I am with my ex! haha, weird, huh?

I got a nice email reminder.. and it totally was meant for you Matty. ;) I liked the number 7, actually.

1. No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make
you cry

2. Just because someone doesn't love you the way you
want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with
all they have.

3. A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand and touches your heart.

4. The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting
right beside them knowing you can't have them.

5. Never frown, even when you are sad, because you
never know who is falling in love with your smile.

6. To the world you may be one person, but to one
person you may be the world.

7. Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't
willing to waste their time on you.

8. Don't cry because it is over, smile because it
happened.

9. There's always going to be people that hurt you
so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just
be more careful about who you trust next time
around.

11. Make yourself a better person and know who you
are before you try and know someone else and expect
them to know you.

12. Don't try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them
to.

REMEMBER: WHATEVER HAPPENS, HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

Originally posted by Liza
Matt - some people would be weird with that. You are entitled to your feelings, though. I am better friends with my ex's new wife than I am with my ex! haha, weird, huh?

I got a nice email reminder.. and it totally was meant for you Matty. ;) I liked the number 7, actually.

1. No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make
you cry

2. Just because someone doesn't love you the way you
want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with
all they have.

3. A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand and touches your heart.

4. The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting
right beside them knowing you can't have them.

5. Never frown, even when you are sad, because you
never know who is falling in love with your smile.

6. To the world you may be one person, but to one
person you may be the world.

8. Don't cry because it is over, smile because it
happened.

9. There's always going to be people that hurt you
so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just
be more careful about who you trust next time
around.

11. Make yourself a better person and know who you
are before you try and know someone else and expect
them to know you.

12. Don't try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them
to.

Thank you liza. There are some good pointers there. Thank you for your support.

And Ally, one of my best friends, thank you also. U know the situation more than anyone else.

Everyone else, thank you :)

i dont see any reason why the ex's and u can be at least friendly -- i still talk with my ex gf on occasions and we dont discuss anything in depth just all very neutral and superficial -- Deaf community is so SMALL so its bound to happen that other ppl would know (name) is split up from (name) and he/she is now seeing (name) -- sure that would hurt but its practically impossible to avoid that -- so why avoid qq just deal with it and either be friendly or like Ms Giglz had said -- draw the line -- but can be a bit stickier if both parties has same friends which can happen too :ugh: but if friends know not to discuss the ex partner then all is good i guess :dunno: -- i think its all based on how the break up was -- a NASTY one or a good agreeable break up on friendly terms

Most of exes I are friend. Only two exes I have to draw the line due of complicated reasons. Not mind to be friend with them as long as they respect me. I know "EX" is not easy to deal at begin. :-(

ex's can be nasty, but for the most part I think people should try to, in the end, be on better terms. I mean, god matt, look at me and Lindsey :) For 3 months i hoped she'd die a horrible death and then i realized how stupid that was. Its not like i begged for her forgiveness, but we started over. I forgave her, and her me, but that doesnt mean I forgot. Forgive each other, for life is too short to hate or feel distant towards people *mwah* (err, now that i re-read this, im not a lesbian for those who dont know me. This girl was my best friend for some 5 years and now shes not :) blehh means just the same.. *slaps self silly*)

Originally posted by pinkster
ex's can be nasty, but for the most part I think people should try to, in the end, be on better terms. I mean, god matt, look at me and Lindsey :) For 3 months i hoped she'd die a horrible death and then i realized how stupid that was. Its not like i begged for her forgiveness, but we started over. I forgave her, and her me, but that doesnt mean I forgot. Forgive each other, for life is too short to hate or feel distant towards people *mwah* (err, now that i re-read this, im not a lesbian for those who dont know me. This girl was my best friend for some 5 years and now shes not :) blehh means just the same.. *slaps self silly*)

matt and jams, i agree and u did a good job in this......

on my turf i have remained netural freindship with all my ex with ONE exception to a major bitch and i won't even be friends with her in any time terms or way! as long as u are happy with ur friendship then go forth be frieindly :)

Originally posted by Liza

I love these quotes. really admire that. Agreed with you about #7.

One thing. Right now, we are doing so good. Even if it is only friends, I am happy right now.

Originally posted by prostock19
One thing. Right now, we are doing so good. Even if it is only friends, I am happy right now.

glad to hear ur happy that's important :)

Originally posted by javapride
glad to hear ur happy that's important :)
Thx. I do hope that it works out. She knows that I want to. I just hope that time has helped us and if we can get back in a relationship, it will be a much stronger one. We pretty much know each other's faults. I think now, we can deal with them.

I don't know if I can do it. I am so scared my heart is going to be broken again. I can already feel it.

Back