Is it normal to want a life without romance?

Awauphi

Reaction score
Is it normal to want a life without romance? - TODAY: Relationships - MSNBC.com

what if it was you? Would you think it is normal to want a life without romance? Or must you have some romance in your life?

I found this and thought huh? this is very interesting... so wondering if there is someone out there that is like that? 1 that doesnt want romance but have a marriage with someone.

Share! :)

It could be normal. Some women may be suited for that. I might be one of them. I'd like companionship, but I don't want a physical relationship with anyone. Not sure if this is what you meant, though, Freaky Cat.

To answer the question in it's entirity, I can see myself living without it and being OK with that, but not sure that I'd want to.

To me, sex and romance are two different things. Sex is apart of romance, but romance isn't defined by sex alone.

I cant imagine life without romance nor without sex. I guess it depends on each individual. Everyone is different.

I did it for seven years. Finally gave up and got a divorce. I must have romance and passion in a relationship...if I can't have that, I'd rather be alone than endure a loveless relationship.

It could be normal. Some women may be suited for that. I might be one of them. I'd like companionship, but I don't want a physical relationship with anyone. Not sure if this is what you meant, though, Freaky Cat.

To answer the question in it's entirity, I can see myself living without it and being OK with that, but not sure that I'd want to.

To me, sex and romance are two different things. Sex is apart of romance, but romance isn't defined by sex alone.

yes thats what i mean.. no sex no romance .. nothing.. but just someone yu called a husband or wife. just companionship.

then I realized u know the saying.. marriage in name only.. mean no sex no romance.. so duh at me... so obivously some doesnt have that in their marriage life?

for me.. i would love to have romance and sex.. of course... its a must! :)

There's a religious group called the Shakers in America who subscribes to a life of no romance and they remain celibate to the day they died. Some unusual ideas and practices they have.

They're famed for making Shakers furniture.

As for me, I'd want some romance, yes. I think everyone needs that.

There's a religious group called the Shakers in America who subscribes to a life of no romance and they remain celibate to the day they died. Some unusual ideas and practices they have.

Yep. One of the reasons the religion is so small.:giggle: The only way they get new members is to convert others. No kids, no growth of members. Guess they didn't figure that little complication in there when they were writing doctrine!

But to answer the OP, asexuality is not as rare as one might think. Its not for me, but there are many people who don't feel the need or the desire for physical intimacy.

Dont count on me ever becoming a member of that religious group. Gosh, life is just too short and sex/romance is part of human nature. Why go against what we were built for? That's what I will never understand about religion groups like these.

Dont count on me ever becoming a member of that religious group. Gosh, life is just too short and sex/romance is part of human nature. Why go against what we were built for? That's what I will never understand about religion groups like these.

LOL, we don't need to worry about them taking over the religious front! They eventually just die out! No sex, no kids! There goes the blood line!:giggle:

To be honest with you, I don't think I'll ever get close to another person again. I was married 5 yrs and it suxed. I am happy alone with my kids. This may sound geeky, but I want God to play a part in the next person I hook up w/.

yes thats what i mean.. no sex no romance .. nothing.. but just someone yu called a husband or wife. just companionship.

then I realized u know the saying.. marriage in name only.. mean no sex no romance.. so duh at me... so obivously some doesnt have that in their marriage life?

for me.. i would love to have romance and sex.. of course... its a must! :)

Then, I don't know. I can live without sex, but not romance. I'd need companionship.

To be honest with you, I don't think I'll ever get close to another person again. I was married 5 yrs and it suxed. I am happy alone with my kids. This may sound geeky, but I want God to play a part in the next person I hook up w/.

That's not geeky at all. I completely agree with you 100%! I've turned down a lot of dates because I'm not ready either.

I am gonna have to agree with Oceanbreeze on that, because I think it's normal for some people to have life without romance if they perfer to be alone or a hermit type. I don't think is such a bad thing. :)

It's interesting. I barely have a feeling for romance and love but I have no desire for sex.

I cannot imagine life without romance, romance plays a role in my life. ;)

i have been romanceless for while now i would LOVE to have romance in my life again

I can't imagine myself without romance and a lot of adventures to go thru in the lifetime.

Back