IPHONE vs SAMSUNG

I'm probably the only one who still has a Blackberry. I like the physical keyboard so I'm hoping Samsung buys the company and adopts that feature to their new smartphone at some point....

Laura

You're not only one. I'm still using my BlackBerry, as I like the physical keyboard. :)

You're not only one. I'm still using my BlackBerry, as I like the physical keyboard. :)

I hear the unconfirm that Samsung will buy Blackberry. It going to end the Blackberry era....

I'm use iphone 6 plus mostly and my family use iPhone mostly

My parents not use iPhone she use Samsung I don't know what kind brand she use and my dad don't know what kind his cellphone brand but usually att I think so..

I'm happy with my iPhone 5c. I like how it hands off messages, etc between the phone and my MacBookPro.

On the other hand, it is my first smartphone. So I don't have anything else to compare it to.

I prefer iPhone for the operating system, but Apple is making me switch to Android :(

My answer to which I prefer is iPhone, but if you are hearing impaired, and still can talk with the handset to your ear, my answer is Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

Since the iPhone 5, Apple has dropped the hearing aid compatibility of the iPhone down to M3 (from M4). Along with that has come a significant drop in volume on the handset. I currently have an iPhone 5 and can hear it fine when held to my ear. With the 5s, 6, and 6+ I can't understand what people are saying at max volume. On my iPhone 5, I get readings as high 108db from the earpiece. The iPhone 6 I tested could only do 95.2 max!

I tried a Note 4 and it could put out 111db fro the earpiece! Samsung also has a feature called adapt sound that lets you customize the audio to your hearing. So while I hate the Android operating system, once my iPhone dies it looks like I will have to go Android on a Note 4.

I appreciate your time to explain what you did try both of them why you like or dont like it.

I have one or two more months to go to decide for it. Im Deaf and ASL user.

Since the iPhone 5, Apple has dropped the hearing aid compatibility of the iPhone down to M3 (from M4). Along with that has come a significant drop in volume on the handset. I currently have an iPhone 5 and can hear it fine when held to my ear. With the 5s, 6, and 6+ I can't understand what people are saying at max volume. On my iPhone 5, I get readings as high 108db from the earpiece. The iPhone 6 I tested could only do 95.2 max!

I didn't realize this. This must be why I can't hear well using the iPhone 5c. I've been using a streamer plugged into the headphone jack, that wirelessly streams the signal to my hearing aids. I use it together with Facetime or Skype so i can lipread the speaker.

Last edited:
I have the iPhone 5, I only got into the iPhones because of FaceTime....I've had it for almost 2 years...and I love it.

I have the iPhone 5.....the only reason I got into iPhones, is because of FaceTime, I've had mine almost two years, and love it, going to upgrade soon...

Why are you limiting it to IPHONE or SAMSUNG?

Because, some phones with Windows system do not have VRS apps for example. VRS apps can not be compliance with phones with Windows system.

iOs and Android have tons of apps and its features. Most popular phones which Deaf people are comfortable with are iphone, Samsung Galaxy, and Samsung Note phones.

Deaf people may not be satisfied with other regular phones or smartphones due to limited features.

For my preference, I'd rather iPhone. Like Poweron said, all iphone, ipad, and iMac/macbook laptop are coordinating together. iMessage, for instance, is seen on all of devices (even though I try to figure out to turn it off due to privacy reasons-keep in mind, I am just new to iMac).

Any advices are much appreciated.

I prefer an apple iphone 5s for my office use and it has m7 and a7 processor which beats an androids 1.7ghz processor ... Faster performance than previous iphone's a6 chip ..I hate samsung it lacks performance in stock touchviz and is limited To System Updates that sucks.. Btw Im going to buy a smartphone after few weeks Idk what to buy really confused between Galaxy and Apple iphone ... if i got an idevice its a terrible cause there is no apple center in my city daamn it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Because, some phones with Windows system do not have VRS apps for example. VRS apps can not be compliance with phones with Windows system.

iOs and Android have tons of apps and its features. Most popular phones which Deaf people are comfortable with are iphone, Samsung Galaxy, and Samsung Note phones.

Deaf people may not be satisfied with other regular phones or smartphones due to limited features.

What the OP and now you, Oddball, seem to think is that Samsung is the only manufacturer of phones that use the Android operating system! That is NOT true. Some of the others are LG, Motorola & HTC.

I appreciate your time to explain what you did try both of them why you like or don't like it.

I have one or two more months to go to decide for it. Im Deaf and ASL user.

Frisky
What I have been troubled by is that you seem to think that Samsung is the only manufacturer of phones that use the Android operating system! That is NOT true. Some of the others are LG, Motorola & HTC. I have been seeing visions of you limiting yourself to a phone made by Samsung and then after you get it hearing about something made by one of the other manufactures that you would have preferred if you had just been willing to look at others and thus known about it.

Back