iPhone coming to Verizon on Februray 3

Are you saying those who may get a Verizon iPhone are poor and will have a lesser quality iPhone? I would think all iPhones produced would have to meet Apple's standards in usability and performance before being released.

I am doubting the authenticity of the Verizon iPhone. It will never happen unless AT&T and Verizon both utilize LTE technology. For now my plan is if my finances are in good shape and I can handle it, then I will try to get an iPhone sometime this year. I may wait until I am near the end of my Verizon contract when I can be asked to be removed from my parents plan. My theory is why have a phone and an iPod if you can easily roll the two devices into one? Less stuff to keep up with in my opinion.

it is for real. iPhone is coming to Verizon. rumor was said that Verizon iphone will be slightly bigger.

Are you saying those who may get a Verizon iPhone are poor and will have a lesser quality iPhone? I would think all iPhones produced would have to meet Apple's standards in usability and performance before being released.

no.

I talked to Verizon. I don't know what the deal about the payment monthly. Cost 59.95. Geez! I hate that!

so get a Virgin Mobile. it's a luxury, not a necessity.

Jiro how much 'slightly' bigger is the Verizon iPhone compared to the AT&T iPhone?

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Captivate (i897))

Just wait until theres a heated competition with Verizon's iphone and at&t's iphone.

its official, iPhone's coming to Verizon! Yea! I can't wait for people to switch - that means my ATT network will be less congested! :)

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Captivate (i897))

netrox said:
its official, iPhone's coming to Verizon! Yea! I can't wait for people to switch - that means my ATT network will be less congested! :)

LOL, yep they can have it and they will get very slow 3g speeds, bwahahahahaha.

it said non-LTE, mean it's EV-DO (3G). oh boy... Release next month on Feb 10th. hmmm

I agree with it. We will wait to see new iPhone 5 on June.

not interested either. Verizon's network is not even on par with iPhone so what's the point?

It's like driving an expensive Porsche on NYC's terrible road plus expensive gas cost + tolls. Totally pointless. colossal waste of money. I feel sorry for whoever is going with Verizon for iPhone.

Verizon iPhone will go on sale Feb. 10

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The wait is over. Verizon Wireless said Tuesday it will begin selling Apple's iPhone early next month, ending AT&T's four-year run as the phone's exclusive carrier.

"If the press writes something long enough and hard enough, it eventually comes true," Verizon President Lowell McAdam said at a press conference in New York City. "We're bringing the fruit of our labor with a giant partner, and that's Apple."

Existing Verizon customers will be able to pre-order the phone beginning Feb. 3. The phone will launch in Apple and Verizon stores and online on Feb. 10, according to Verizon Wireless CEO Dan Mead. Verizon customers eligible for "new every two" upgrades will be able to use those upgrade credits toward an iPhone.

The Verizon (VZ, Fortune 500) iPhone is a modified version of Apple's (AAPL, Fortune 500) iPhone 4, adapted to run on Verizon's CDMA network. With a two-year contract, the Verizon iPhone will be $199 for a 16 GB device and $299 for the 32 GB version, the same prices AT&T offers.

Relying on Verizon's older 3G CDMA network, instead of its fledgling 4G LTE network, means Verizon's iPhone will have a few shortcomings. Most glaringly: customers wouldn't be able to chat on the phone and surf the Web simultaneously, as they can on AT&T's iPhone.

The early LTE (Long-Term Evolution) chip sets just weren't ready yet, Apple COO Tim Cook said at Verizon's event.

"The first-generation LTE chip sets force some design compromises, some of which we would not make," Cook said. "Secondly -- and most importantly -- Verizon Wireless customers have told us they want the iPhone now."

Verizon's iPhone will have one new feature AT&T's version lacks: The built-in ability to use it as a wireless hotspot and connect up to five additional devices.

Verizon Wireless' Mead said he's confident customers will be pleased with his company's offering.

"We have a tremendous 3G network, the best in the country, and we want customers to be able to take advantage," he said. "This was the best thing to do, at this time, for our customers."

Existing AT&T customers who want to switch carriers will need to purchase a new device -- and they'll face early termination fees of up to $325 to break an ongoing contract.

Apple CEO Steve Jobs did not appear at the short event, which Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg also skipped.

In another glaring omission, Verizon executives declined to discuss pricing on the data plan for their iPhone.

iOS is very reliable I don't care how internet go fast. My waiting is over and going to get this one!

I'm thinking about it as I am already with Verizon. However some points were made that I'm considering.

1. iPhone 4 is on the 3G network, similar to AT&T's 3G network, however the speeds may be comparable to that of my 1X speed device (LG EnV3). The difference is that Verizon utilizes CDMA technology while AT&T uses GSM technology. I'm not sure which is better for my area but there is Verizon 3G coverage in my area according to the Verizon coverage map. There isn't any with AT&T but we do have the EDGE network here. Not sure which is better. But it is something to consider. I looked and there is no 4G coverage for my area so no point in purchasing a 4G phone at this time.

2.The initial price of the phone is the same with both carriers, but the plan prices may be the deal breaker for most people. If one company offers a better deal than the other, then I will be going with that company.

3. I will be eligible for an upgrade in September but could be sooner if I am eligible for an early upgrade. If so I will attempt to get off my parent's plan and get on my own. Either way I will likely have to pay a deposit. Looking on the websites has not offered me any information. From what I understand of the contract, the contract is not up until September.

4. I am also looking into other costs to getting the phone going such as any termination fees to get my number removed from my parent's plan and onto an individual plan and any deposits I would need to pay knowing I will be treated like a new customer rather than as an existing customer. AT&T and Verizon behave differently when it comes to starting a new account.

Hopefully after some consideration and money saved I'll make a decision in a couple of months.

iOS is very reliable I don't care how internet go fast. My waiting is over and going to get this one!

iPhone is largely dependent on internet which makes it a very popular phone. it's not a stand-alone device otherwise.... get an iPod :)

Back