iPhone 5S

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
Some rumors/pictures are starting to come out from the apple factory in China.

Budget iPhone casing and iPhone 5S chassis captured - GSMArena.com news

More images of the alleged budget iPhone shells leak - GSMArena.com news

gsmarena_001.jpg

gsmarena_002.jpg

gsmarena_001.jpg

As for the iPhone 5S, it'll look similar to the iPhone 5 it replaces, but with updated specifications. Some of them are said to include 2GB of RAM, 12MP camera and 4G LTE-A support. The display is reportedly a 4" IGZO unit with the resolution remaining unchanged at 1136 x 640 pixels, resulting in a pixel density of 326ppi.

Apple is rumored to keep the CPU of the iPhone 5S the same, but will upgrade the graphics from a triple-core PowerVR SGX 554MP3 GPU to a quad-core variant of the same graphics chips.
Some crazy rumors that'll need you to have salt around include a fingerprint sensor technology for unlocking the phone and verifying NFC payments as well as a LED light on the Home button that'll blink when the phone is unlocked.
The expected price of budget iPhone is $349, $449 and $549 for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants, respectively. Apple should announce the 2013 iPhone lineup in September, so we'll know for sure in about two months.

Also there will be a budget iphone for cheaper version.

Do we really need another version of new iPhone?

Nah. We skipped any "s" version. Not much change to us. Like from iPhone 4 to 4S are just small updated for camera and CPU/GPU. That's it. From iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 are BIG updated for screen size, networking (LTE) WIFI 5Ghz, connector, camera, CPU/GPU, etc. Don't want waste $200 for small updated.

Nah. We skipped any "s" version. Not much change to us. Like from iPhone 4 to 4S are just small updated for camera and CPU/GPU. That's it. From iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 are BIG updated for screen size, networking (LTE) WIFI 5Ghz, connector, camera, CPU/GPU, etc. Don't want waste $200 for small updated.

I agree with your points. I have had iPhone 5 for almost two months and I love it. :)

I have iPhone 5 for almost year and I love it too. Pretty fast enough for everything. I don't see why need upgrade so soon.

that's what people say about iPhone 4 that's faster than 3... and 5 is faster than 4.... et cetera :lol:

Rumor said that two next gen iPhones are different between iPhone mini (Budget) and iPhone 5s. Budget iphone have cheap plastic, no retina, 8 GB or more, and low cost but not sure. I will wait to listen about Apple announcement around this fall. I won't buy this iPhone 5s till next year and I hope iPhone 6 will be larger and more battery life. New TSMC processing chip will be coming for iPhone 6 next year. It s better than Samsung chip (A5) :bye: Samsung.

Last year (or 3 years ago) model don't count... :ugh2:
It's fair that apple product is higher priced when released. New unlocked iPhone without contract each year is over $600-800US, but most other new phones are around $500 unlocked.

Guess we wait to see what they price the budget iPhones. $300-400 unlocked is still expensive. I think if it's slower than 1.2GHz chip and 512-1GB ram then it should only be worth around $200-250s or less if slower than 1.2GHz dual core. Personally I prefer to pay right price for hardware (like buy pc parts)..

Last year (or 3 years ago) model don't count... :ugh2:
It's fair that apple product is higher priced when released. New unlocked iPhone without contract each year is over $600-800US, but most other new phones are around $500 unlocked.

Guess we wait to see what they price the budget iPhones. $300-400 unlocked is still expensive. I think if it's slower than 1.2GHz chip and 512-1GB ram then it should only be worth around $200-250s or less if slower than 1.2GHz dual core. Personally I prefer to pay right price for hardware (like buy pc parts)..

Don't forget about GPU, not just CPU and RAM.

I don't think Apple would do do budget. Looks what's happen that too many customers are not happy with budget Android tablet or mobile due poor performance. You get what you pay for.

Don't forget about GPU, not just CPU and RAM.

I don't think Apple would do do budget. Looks what's happen that too many customers are not happy with budget Android tablet or mobile due poor performance. You get what you pay for.

True. It seems Apple is stick with PowerVR chipset. PowerVR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's not bad, but it could be better. It would be nice if they decide to use Tegra series for better performance but I guess not everyone needs it.

Meanwhile, Samsung hasn't updated their GPU for long time. Many phones are still on Mali 400MP.. Don't know why they don't bother to improve it.

It is nice to choose from different colors this time but is those the cases or the real i-phone colors?

I'll still pass on the iPhone 5/5s even tho I'm an Apple fan. I don't like tall and narrow smartphones. I need wider and taller screens. I have a Motorola Atrix HD with a 4.5" screen. I plan to upgrade next year or in 2015, depending what they have.

Back