iPhone 3G - more questions

Sword7

Reaction score
Hello, folks,

Because my 2yrs contract is over very soon, I can now upgrade my old PDA (Cingular 8525) to new iPhone 3G. I now have some questions for you. I already found TAP deaf plan on AT&T wireless web site ($50/month).

I was shopping at AT&T wireless website but they want both voice and data plan to place an order. Does anyone know store that offer only data plan for iPhone?

What is 8GB/16GB storage for? Applications? Photos? Movies? etc...

Does it support relay services by using apps or AIM?

Does it allow own programming for myself, etc?

Does it support closed caption for movies?

Thanks!
Sword7

Hello, folks,

Because my 2yrs contract is over very soon, I can now upgrade my old PDA (Cingular 8525) to new iPhone 3G. I now have some questions for you. I already found TAP deaf plan on AT&T wireless web site ($50/month).

I was shopping at AT&T wireless website but they want both voice and data plan to place an order. Does anyone know store that offer only data plan for iPhone?

What is 8GB/16GB storage for? Applications? Photos? Movies? etc...

Does it support relay services by using apps or AIM?

Does it allow own programming for myself, etc?

Does it support closed caption for movies?

Thanks!
Sword7

storage for photos,movie,mp3, whatever you need.
Yes, it do have AIM.

Programming?
iPhone Developer Program - Apple Developer Connection

Closed Caption?
http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-products-technologies/48915-iphone-ipod-touch-closed-caption.html

iPhone is the only smartphone come with Closed Caption in the market.

I think you have to sign up with voice/data plan and then submit the form to AT&T to have it converted to TAP plan. I don't think you can sign up with TAP plan right away. Here is what it says on the AT&T website:
Customers wanting to utilize the TAP plans for iPhone will need to follow the regular iPhone activation procedures. Once iPhone is activated then the customer may contact our National Center for Customers with Disabilities to change his or her plan to one of the TAP plans for iPhone.

You're correct, Etoile. Sign up as regular customer. Then submit to get a special package for deaf to use.

Back