iOS update?

Ezdblue

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My Apple phone is sending me messages to update the OS , did anyone know if it is... HA safe to update?.

If you are like me, there is only one way to find out.

Hi everyone,

My Apple phone is sending me messages to update the OS , did anyone know if it is... HA safe to update?.
I would assume so. I get update notifications too, I think everyone does. You can check it in your Settings on your phone.

The reason I ask is because the HA applications usually takes some time to get updated to be able to work well with the latest OS. The people in charge of updating the HA application and the ability of the HA to connect with the smart phone via accessibility feature is not Apple is the HA company. As I am new to my HA , I just wanted to know if someone has said something, the HA company usually tells audiologists of any update issues but as I have The audiologist of hell and I don’t trust her at all, I won’t ask her.
I didn’t update the phone yet in case it clashes with the HA and the issue won’t let me find out other issues with the HA I am still testing them.

Can I ask what brand HAs you have? I have ReSounds and they connect to my iPhone. Any time I get an Apple update, it does not affect my ReSound app, it is still fine. It all works together.

Can I ask what brand HAs you have? I have ReSounds and they connect to my iPhone. Any time I get an Apple update, it does not affect my ReSound app, it is still fine. It all works together.

Thanks for mentioning this. I get a ReSound hearing aid tomorrow that will connect to my iPhone as well. The HA will also be compatible with my Nucleus 7 cochlear implant so streaming will occur simultaneously through both. Still learning here.....

Thanks for mentioning this. I get a ReSound hearing aid tomorrow that will connect to my iPhone as well. The HA will also be compatible with my Nucleus 7 cochlear implant so streaming will occur simultaneously through both. Still learning here.....
Ask your Audi to help you find the ReSound app so you can download it. You will use it for volume control too.

I updated and then had to re-login to the cochlear app.
No big thing,except it took some time (slow net) to login in the middle of a meeting...

I have a Oticon minirite 1 open. They are so, so. And still in the try out period but my bully audiologist won’t let me try anything else beside going back to the first pair she fit me with, despite the others being broken.

IOS wise Apple sandboxes the core o/s functions from app functions quite well. (Not so with OSX variants.) i’ve never had much trouble with production releases.

I run my Apple beta on one iPhone and production release on another. None of the above applies to beta releases! :)

Back