Introducing myself

tristinetran

Reaction score
I’m a hard of hearing person with a deaf family member. I have been wanting to sign and connect with the community and I thought I’d start here.
I wish I had more friends who understood sign.
So uhh hey lol

I’m a hard of hearing person with a deaf family member. I have been wanting to sign and connect with the community and I thought I’d start here.
I wish I had more friends who understood sign.
So uhh hey lol
Good morning, and welcome :) I hope you start to find a tribe here and people to practice signing with to start your journey.

Hi @tristinetran Welcome! I am pretty good at signing, but am learning myself, as I have only been deaf since March. I know there are some Zoom groups that have been started for Sign as well. And I am not sure what city you are in, but most have ASL sign clubs that meet at local bookstores and various places :)

Hi @tristinetran Welcome! I am pretty good at signing, but am learning myself, as I have only been deaf since March. I know there are some Zoom groups that have been started for Sign as well. And I am not sure what city you are in, but most have ASL sign clubs that meet at local bookstores and various places :)
I should look into that! I mostly do sign assisted English because I grew up with the English grammar instead of ASL so it trips me up STILL lmao. I just sign at my friends as I speak and they let it happen. If you ever wanna talk and practice I’m open to! I’m in FL, by the way. Wishing you a good day :)

Welcome :wave:

You said you have a deaf family member. Does that person sign or have interest in learning with you?

Back