Introducing DeafBadger, Part II

DeafBadger

Ad Astra Per Aspera
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi AllDeaf, it's been a while since I last logged in. Might have been as much as a year or two, not sure.

Thought I'd do a re-introduction and update everyone on the latest news.

I'm oral deaf/hoh, 37 years old, male, and single for the time being.

I moved to the Minneapolis metro in late 2013. I've been getting used to living here. I'm trying to get into an IT or programming career school and get into the industry that way. It's been pretty tricky and it's not at all certain that it'll work. Definitely have to have a lot of "faith."

I'm trying to connect with the local Deaf community on a regular basis. Haven't made a lot of progress with that so far. I still don't know ASL well, and I haven't discovered regular events to go to.

I would like to hear from Deaf / deaf / hoh people in the Minneapolis metro.

I enjoy a lot of different things: reading, exploring nature parks and museums, going to symphony performances and movies. Fishing, hiking, camping, exercising, cooking and eating. Science fiction, investing, science, and so on. Everything is interesting to me on some level.

I'm an introvert, and bounce between INTJ and INTP depending on the test I take. Yet, I enjoy talking to people and getting to know them, it just takes time for me to get comfortable with a new person and really open up.

Looking forward to reconnecting with the regulars here and meeting the new folks as well.

:wave:

Hey I remember you! Welcome back!!! Let me find out if I could help you there....Rachel who was one of our Deaf-Blind members lives in Minn.....maybe she could help you!

Hey I remember you! Welcome back!!! Let me find out if I could help you there....Rachel who was one of our Deaf-Blind members lives in Minn.....maybe she could help you!

Hi deafdyke,

That sounds good, do you have an e-mail address to reach her at?

I am fine. I am trying to get use to Santa Fe instead of Albuquerque, New Mexico where I used to live for many years before moved to Canada in 1994 close to 1995. My husband passed away in June of 2012. We had been married for 15 years before he passed away. That is why I decided to moved back home only to live next door to my sister's house in Santa Fe, New Mexico. So far I have been living here for about one year and half since September of 2013. So everything is good here. :)

Back