Interview with a Deaf person.

...Plus!...ya never know...Derek might be a serial killer...hope yo' mamma done told ya...never talk to strangers...

:shock:! You aren't supposed to let them know that derek's a Button... I heard he's a frequent visitor of the fishes.

If he is ever caught, I volunteer to take Zeus to live with me while Derek serves his time...

What? Cat as a serial killer? That would happen. Mice, rats, and ferrets all think that cats are serial killers.

Awww, you should have just taken Derek to lunch. You might have gotten your homework done and made a friend as well.

He'd still get an F when he handed in a paper saying that turbocharged cats and signing ferrets are the central pillars of Deaf culture :P

1. What was it like communicating with your family? Were your parents Deaf, HOH, or Hearing? Did this make communication easier or harder?

Well, we all talked in a language of love, family, and laughter, so we understood each other easily :)

2. What is your preferred method of communication? IE Email, Text Message, Face to face etc...

Isis Messaging. (For those of you that don't know what Isis Messaging is, this is rainbow video chat.)

3. What is your educational background?

I went to school. Got an education.

4. When was the first time that you used ASL? Did your family learn it with you?

What is ASL? Apples Stink Later? Applebee's Smelly Loco Tacos?

5. What are your ties to the Deaf community? Are you involved or not?

I don't do ties. I do bow ties or no ties.

6. At your everyday job are there communication issues because of having to use ASL?

.... What is ASL?

7. Has there ever been a time that you were treated negatively because you are Deaf?

I'm HOH....

8. What would you like to tell me about yourself?

I love my family, I am epic, and I am Oink the Mighty!

Derek wouldn't turbo charge a cat. Thats crazy talk. Turbo's go on the ferrets! Geeze!

thanks, Bottlesini! I am sure that is a through and informative interview!
what is an ASL though?

As I stated already I am not able to meet with someone. So I was willing and wanting to talk to someone via video chat and Derek wanted me to buy a bicycle from him in order to do the interview.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Derek's a businessman!

Do believe....celebrities get $$ to interviews....but feel Derek would have been just as happy with some Cat Nip, Meow Mix and lots of Cat Litter...and of course, some toys....

1. What was it like communicating with your family? Were your parents Deaf, HOH, or Hearing? Did this make communication easier or harder?

Hell. Hearing. Harder.

2. What is your preferred method of communication? IE Email, Text Message, Face to face etc...

All of the above.

3. What is your educational background?

Not much.

4. When was the first time that you used ASL? Did your family learn it with you?

18 years old. Family still hasn't learned how to communicate with me.

5. What are your ties to the Deaf community? Are you involved or not?

The leader was not impressed with my assassination skills, so they won't let me work for them.

6. At your everyday job are there communication issues because of having to use ASL?

Oh, yeah...I tried to get them all to stop talking and use their hands only, but it is not working out well.

7. Has there ever been a time that you were treated negatively because you are Deaf?

I thought it was because of my looks?

8. What would you like to tell me about yourself?

I just love being examined & interrogated by hearing people that really don't give a shit about what it is really like being deaf, but just want some quick answers for a test that they really don't give a shit about, inside a classroom full of people who are mainly interested in the deaf culture because sign language looks so cool.

I do not have any ASL experience how would we go about doing that?

There is a website called Google.com. Try it, you might like it.

Is there a service out there that provides Interpreters?

No. You need to be a special member of the deaf community to have access to them.

I wish there was some way we could all get paid money every time we have someone come here wanting to interview us. We would all be very rich by now ! We could all have our very own cat.

I wish there was some way we could all get paid money every time we have someone come here wanting to interview us. We would all be very rich by now ! We could all have our very own cat.

Just stick Derek in a cat costume he could be the AD mascot :D

The point of the assignment wasn't to look up the questions from someone who has already asked the questions the point was to interview someone. I state in my message if someone is willing to do a Skype interview that would be great. I don't understand everyones hostility towards my questions. I am doing exactly what I am supposed to for my class. If I was to go and look up answers from previous Interviews then I would be cheating and would deserve an F. I don't deserve an F for trying to have a decent human being answer some questions.

What kind of Skype Interview do have , does it beam you into someone living room ? You said you had to do a face to face interview so using a Skype Interview is cheating too as you talking to a person through a computer . It's a lazy way of doing your assignment and you're whining that no one want to help you. Do not try to lay a guilt trip on us because you do not know how manger your time. You just had your first taste of the real world , welcome to it.

Back