Interpreter problem? Maybe

rockinlife

Reaction score
I'm deaf, a university student studying engineering. I finished a really hard math class this quarter, and I didn't do well, have to take it again. Most people in the class say the teacher was hard. True, that teacher was sometimes unreasonable. That not mattering, does anybody think having an interpreter that understands math better would make a difference?

I have had friends do this for me. I would take a class, math which I am bad at, and have a friend who is in a higher math class take my notes. She understood what the class was doing and could re explain it later. I think you could benifit if having someone that can help if that is the relationship you have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

Maybe... I think there may be some interpreters that specialize in certain subjects. I seem to remember my friend who used to interpret in educational settings saying that she had interpreted for certain classes where she had good knowledge of the material.

Maybe... I think there may be some interpreters that specialize in certain subjects. I seem to remember my friend who used to interpret in educational settings saying that she had interpreted for certain classes where she had good knowledge of the material.

Thanks to the 2 of you. Good advice. I'll work on making it better, see if I can get maybe a different interpreter. Not decided yet

Best of luck to you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

Back