Internship

K

KatStewart

Hello! I want to ask you if you know good places to find internship in sport management, marketing, PR, anything related to sport. I have searched and searched and been rejected MANY times the past year. I have 2 months left to find an internship before next semester start. Because I'm supposed to do an internship in the spring. I must complete 15 weeks of internship anytime between Jan thru the summer. I was thinkin if Gally have anything.... I'd like to be closer to the deaf community so I can learn more about the deaf culture. But the other hand, I love racing and nothing is working out in the racing world. *Stupid narrow mind people!* :smash: :madfawk:

If you know a good internship I could do.... Please let me know!!! Anyyyyyyyyyyy help is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

KatStewart said:
Hello! I want to ask you if you know good places to find internship in sport management, marketing, PR, anything related to sport. I have searched and searched and been rejected MANY times the past year. I have 2 months left to find an internship before next semester start. Because I'm supposed to do an internship in the spring. I must complete 15 weeks of internship anytime between Jan thru the summer. I was thinkin if Gally have anything.... I'd like to be closer to the deaf community so I can learn more about the deaf culture. But the other hand, I love racing and nothing is working out in the racing world. *Stupid narrow mind people!* :smash: :madfawk:

If you know a good internship I could do.... Please let me know!!! Anyyyyyyyyyyy help is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

This can be quite frustrating for the
lack of communications/leads for
any interesting job/internship opportunities.

Why don't you PM me with your resume ?
I need to review it and think more about
any potential leads. Who knows. I understand
what do you mean about them being "stupid narrow minded people"

Many times I felt tempted to say "FK you if you do NOT hire me now"
and/or "You're such an IDIOT for not hiring me yet" etc etc

go to your college's intership/co-op services, thats what they're for

Kat-

Have you tried that Pacers or one of the minor league baseball teams? It may not be racing, but remember that you might not have a lot to offer (YET) and need to be flexible. Once you start to build resume credits, things will change. You need to remember that you are marketing yourself. Never think that these businesses are going to do you a favor. One of the things that I have learned is that using deafness (or any disability) as the way to unlock the door is asking to be treated as less than an equal.

I suggest you review how you are approaching the employers. Make a list of your skills and interests related to the business you are approaching. Go to their website, find out what you can about their mission, philosophy, etc. When you contact them, make sure you tell them about what you have to offer. Tell them you have something that they want. You are only interested in matching your skills to their needs. Remember that business depends on both parties giving something valuable for something valuable in return.

Sit down & make a list of the things you want from the relationship and what you can offer them. If you have nothing to exchange, they won't be interested.

When you go for an interview, bring a note pad with you. You can ask questions and take notes. That would be expected. You can also use the note pad to list some of the things you have to offer, your argument for hiring you. Some people get nervous and can't keep all that info in their heads. Us ethe note pad as your "cheat sheet". It works!

Good luck!

To OBXBoy:

Geez, I hate to sound pessimtic
about your lecture simply won't work
for him at all. I appreciate that you
were trying to help, but that way
does NOT work. I mean your lecture
sound as if you're very naive.
It's easier for you to say things
than having this done.

Your lecture style is appropriate
for hearing people ONLY. And,
your lecture style is NOT appropriate
for deaf people at all. I mean that
your lecture style will decrease
a deaf job seeker's motivation instantly!!!

I already am weary of many
many long lectures
from hearing people, but they do
NOT understand how to SHUT UP
and just give the NAME of the
person who would be interested
in Kat Stewart. Simple.

I know how to help him out the
easiest and fastest way is to
give him the name of person whom
I happen to know is very involved
with "Racing cars" I'm waiting for