Insomnia, can't sleep

SweetandGiggly

Reaction score
I think I am having the pregnancy insomnia. :( Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get myself sleepy? Thanks

Have you tried warm milk?

Sometimes when your occupied with trying to fall asleep you seem to be even more awake. Read something long and complicated and boring and it will take your mind off it.

A nice hot bath.

Herbal tea, (decaff nighttime tea)

A back rub

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up drinking milk and getting some toast. When I went to bed, the baby moved and that kept me up. I am not complaining, I love feeling the baby move. My little gymnast. I am sleepy today though. lol

oo good.. glad you got to sleeping..
but if you can't try warm lavender oil on your neck.. its supposed to relax you.

Ya have to talk to ya OB/GYN before starting either of these herbal supplements. But I can say that Valerian Root (Warning: this herb has a very strong odor) or Melatonin might help.

Oh boy...I remmy my pregnancy with my son....he "drummed" all night and slept all day! With my daughter, she hardly ever moved at all! I was concerned she was dead and went to the doctor, but he said she was fine...

Seems that boys move more than girls?....I dunno, but I did suffer a lot with my son, I just grabbed naps whenever I could! As for the drumming...he plays drums today and is self-taught! So figure! HAHA

lol drumming, that's what it feels like. I have no idea if mine is a boy or a girl yet. I had a feeling it was a boy, but then the past two dr appointments, my baby's heart rate was 160 and 158 which the old wives tale says its a girl. Who knows. I am only 15 weeks and I am showing quite a bit.

Back