Input and advice needed

salmander23

Reaction score
I'm 20 years old and my husband and I are expecting our first child in February, a daughter. I am severely HOH, and when I take my hearing aid out at night, I can't hear a single thing.

Lately, I've become very concerned about being able to wake up to her cries at night, even though my husband is hearing. I don't want to have to rely on him in case he ever has to be away at night for whatever reason.

I've been looking at baby monitors for the deaf/HOH on harriscomm.com. I'm interested in the Sonic Alert system,but I'm not sure whether any of the signalers/receivers will suit our needs. We live in a one bedroom apartment, so she will be rooming with us. I want a monitor that can easily be switched on and off so that once I am awake and tending to her needs, any additional cries won't send our lamps flashing and bed vibrating when it's unnecessary. I also obviously want something that won't be set off every time we turn over in our bed (our mattress is very creaky!).

Does anyone here have any personal experiences/recommendations that might help me choose a system that would be best for our needs?

Yes, that's the one that I was looking at along with this vibrating receiver. Sonic Alert Super Shaker Bed Vibrator for Standard Electrical Outlet Products for Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Sign Language

I was just curious whether any parents here actually have any experience with this or any other brand they might recommend. I'm the type of person to read the reviews before I buy anything, but there are no reviews on this website, so I'm looking for other sources!

hmmmmm well there's alot of deaf conventions U guys can go 2 and maybe there might be alot of deaf hoh peeps there with those experiences

Back