In the cold states...

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you turn on your furnace/heater yet?

My apt complex controls when we can use the heater (10/15–4/14) & A/C (5/15–10-14).
Yes, I’ve started using it - mostly for night time since our days have been warm. That changed today - high only 60 today.

Had my heat on up here in Maple Leaf Land for a while. Early September i think haha

I've had mine on and off for the last couple of weeks. Just at night.

I don't think my thermostat is working right. Called maintenance.

I have turned heater on a few times. I am going to miss the apt I am in now because it will be cold in my new apt. I didnt realize that the heater is small when I signed the lease. I am moving on November 4th. I have electric log heater to keep me warm. I hope it is strong enough.

Heater is on, but so is my fan haha. Can't decide what temp we want it and outside can't decide what temp to be. One day is 30 degrees and storming the next in is 60 degrees and sunny.

I don't think my thermostat is working right. Called maintenance.
I set it at 60 this morning, and he remarked on how warm it was, so I get a new thermostat tomorrow. YEAY! Mu neighbors have been complaining about the new maintenance people. Now I will have something to say about how good they can be.

Most of the regulars know I am in Southern Illinois east of St. Louis, MO. Our weather has been really up and down. My furnace thermostat/AC has be set to heat for some time but it does not kick in unless the house gets colder than what it is set at.

Sitting here with a blanket over me...we will probably turn the heat on this weekend.

yup, am in Midwest...furnace has been on for a while now...today high of maybe 40-something Fahrenheit...little tiny bit of flurries. Using my electric blanket too

We did go ahead and turn the heat on yesterday - we made a fire in the wood stove. Today it is much warmer. I don't expect to have another one until later in the week or the weekend.

Back