In a bad spot

I'll have to dig it up from my friend's page but I could swear there is (or was) a deaf LGBT site/page that allowed for people to offer rooms etc or ask for rooms or a place to stay. Maybe that might help at least temporarily for your situation. I'll look tomorrow and see what else I can dig up.

Look forward to seeing it.

Not trying to sway what you do, if you go back to VA or stay, but just be careful if you do travel back to VA and preferably wait out the bad weather out this way now ...

How is the weather out that way? It's a nice high 60's to mid 70's here.

Have you applied for a job in Vegas?

Oh yeah, even hit up crappy sources like craigslist and crappy jobs like pizza delivery.. Can't find anything.

Wow.. finding it's hard to find anything.. I'm still looking for the site I remember seeing before but in the meantime...try here--

Homelessness Resource Center

Hmm not too sure on that Nevada 2-1-1 one... it links to United Way...:confused:

Hot damn.. found it!

http://www.transhousingnetwork.com/

I hope it helps for you... I don't think this is geared to deaf but trans* folks in general... but still-- worth a shot. If I could, I'd be offering my pad (well.. when I finally find work lol).

Wow.. finding it's hard to find anything.. I'm still looking for the site I remember seeing before but in the meantime...try here--

Homelessness Resource Center

Hmm not too sure on that Nevada 2-1-1 one... it links to United Way...:confused:

Don't know about this particular place but sometimes even if they don't have the desired service they know what agency, etc. does.

Rehabilitation Division Vocational Rehabilitation Locations

Try Vocational Rehabilitation Services in Las Vegas.

Already tried that, I don't think they're going to help me. I have mobility issues and since I was never able to get medical treatment, I can't prove my bilateral knee issues. They also want me to get another hearing test, despite having a signed copy of my last one from a few months ago.

I have to also get my counselor back in Virginia to prove other things I don't want to mention right now. And they wanted a few other things I'd have to pay for myself, that I can't pay for. This state's Voc Rehab sucks so bad, Virginia's was light-years better.

Already tried that, I don't think they're going to help me. I have mobility issues and since I was never able to get medical treatment, I can't prove my bilateral knee issues. They also want me to get another hearing test, despite having a signed copy of my last one from a few months ago.

I have to also get my counselor back in Virginia to prove other things I don't want to mention right now. And they wanted a few other things I'd have to pay for myself, that I can't pay for. This state's Voc Rehab sucks so bad, Virginia's was light-years better.

I understand. I used to live in Las Vegas and disliked it so much except warm/hot climate. Deaf community in LV is much worse.

Saavik
I hope you found a place to stay and a job. If not, maybe you could try this: The Center - Home - The Center and it said "....promotes activities directed at furthering the well-being, positive image, and human rights of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community, its allies, and low to moderate income residents in Southern Nevada.".

Buffalo- great link but Saavik has had to move back to Virginia. I'm sure she hopefully will find something soon away from her parents' house.

I understand. I used to live in Las Vegas and disliked it so much except warm/hot climate. Deaf community in LV is much worse.

I've met 2 young terps in Vegas and they're very pretty and very lovely :)

a funny story what happened couple days ago -
Went to this Spanish restaurant. Told a very attractive host that we need a table for 6. And while waiting for her to find a table for us, I turned around to my friends and signed that I am very attracted to the host. And then.... she tapped on my shoulder and signed "I know ASL"

I've met 2 young terps in Vegas and they're very pretty and very lovely :)

a funny story what happened couple days ago -

LOL Yes, I met a several people who knows or learns sign language. I even met a friendly LV Metro cop who knows sign language.

However, LV Deaf community is still not great comparing to California or AZ Deaf community. That's my 2 cents.

Back