Implementing ASL in Everyday Life

JulietW

Reaction score
Hi there! I just joined and I hope that is okay, because I am not hard of hearing or know ASL. The thing is that I want to learn ASL and wish that it was taught more in schools and also used more in everyday life.
I am writing a speech for a class and I decided to write it about why ASL should be taught more in schools (and maybe even used to instruct children, since studies show that doing so can benefit how they learn), and that ASL should be learned by more people so that it can be used more. This way people could communicate more with people who are hard of hearing, as well as others who have trouble communicating verbally sometimes like autistic people and people with anxiety, as well as just for use in everyday life by anyone.
I would, however, like the input of people who use ASL, especially of how more widespread use of ASL would be beneficial for yourself and others! Hopefully this makes sense. Thank you!

tell us a story, who you, why you, where you from-at-going, what hops&dreams, how you doing, how you gonna get there:birthday::type:

Back