Implant while riding Power Tower at Cedar Point?

MDCodeRedFreak

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there's any possible way to ride Power Tower at Cedar Point with the internal (not external with the processor) implant.

Please answer ASAP as I'll be going to CP tomorrow (August 3rd).

There is absolutely no risk in riding this ride, which is quite common at amusement parks. Just make sure you don't wear the external processor (unless you have AB and use a Neptune or PSP processor, then they are secured to you so you can enjoy hearing everyone and yourself scream.)

Have a great time!

There is absolutely no risk in riding this ride, which is quite common at amusement parks. Just make sure you don't wear the external processor (unless you have AB and use a Neptune or PSP processor, then they are secured to you so you can enjoy hearing everyone and yourself scream.)

Have a great time!

Are you absolutely sure? I'm planning on leaving the CI processor at home and just wearing my hearing aid (HA on left ear, CI on right ear).

If so, then .... f***ing sweet! Yay!

Are you absolutely sure? I'm planning on leaving the CI processor at home and just wearing my hearing aid (HA on left ear, CI on right ear).

If so, then .... f***ing sweet! Yay!

Yes, I've ridden on many such rides. Unless you are looking at impact to the side of your head. ... something that is more of a concern with contact sports, then you have nothing to worry about. You have no ride restrictions.

Yes, I've ridden on many such rides. Unless you are looking at impact to the side of your head. ... something that is more of a concern with contact sports, then you have nothing to worry about. You have no ride restrictions.

Gotcha. Thanks so much! Can't wait to ride Power Tower as I haven't been on that ride since it came out as new in 1998 (that was 6 years before I had the CI surgery - in 2004)!

OH and I almost forgot to ask you - is the CI *internal* (not external) safe from "Drop Zone" (similar to Power Tower) in Kings Island?

You absolutely should avoid roller coasters and cars and jogging and even walking.

But seriously, the implant is secured to your skull and unless you plan on being beaten about the head, don't worry.

I wouldn't wear my hearing aids on a roller coaster because they might fall off (and all I'd hear would be wind and screaming).
But I also wouldn't ride a coaster because I major vestibular issues and would be puking so, so, so much.

You absolutely should avoid roller coasters and cars and jogging and even walking.

But seriously, the implant is secured to your skull and unless you plan on being beaten about the head, don't worry.

I wouldn't wear my hearing aids on a roller coaster because they might fall off (and all I'd hear would be wind and screaming).
But I also wouldn't ride a coaster because I major vestibular issues and would be puking so, so, so much.

Too late for walking. I got the implant in 2004, a semester after I started college. I did a LOT of walking around, believe me. I even went to Kings Island the summer after I got it, and I'm still fine right now. :)

I'm still going to Cedar Point tomorrow anyway. Thanks to BleedingPurist for confirming that it won't hurt during Power Tower. Much appreciated!

Back