I'm so freaking confused...

Bleu

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm Bleu. Over the last year, a tumor in the Temporal lobe in my brain caused me to lose my hearing completely in both my ears. I've been completely deaf for about 2 months. I'm learning how to navigate through my life without my ears. It's hard :hyper:

:wave:...welcome aboard....some members here have lost their hearing overnight...some late-deafened (as I am)...and do agree...it's hard!....

Well, hopefully they managed to remove your tumor and it was benign?

Anyway, welcome to Alldeaf.

Bleu....welcome. I had total hearing loss overnight about three years ago. Things change drastically but you can still be happy. There are some great people on this site that have helped me through some difficult times. Hang in there and please stick around and get to know us.

Feel free to ask me anything and I will try my best to help.

Welcome, I still have some hearing left, but know what you mean, I was fully reliant on my ears and as hearing is lost, it gets frustrating and difficult sometimes having grown up using our ears.

Again, welcome. :)

Hey everyone, I'm Bleu. Over the last year, a tumor in the Temporal lobe in my brain caused me to lose my hearing completely in both my ears. I've been completely deaf for about 2 months. I'm learning how to navigate through my life without my ears. It's hard :hyper:

hey =) sorry to hear that (get it hear? lol no....sorry) but seriously I know its hard I did not lose my hearing overnight but it's fading dramatically quickly so i have a little to prepare but it's like month by month i am hearing less and less.
after months of speech therapy and my audiologist making it worst with experiments. Learning ASL was so so helpful and getting hearing aid (im still working on both of those)

if you need to talk we're hear (lol) for you. Welcome to AllDeaf :bye:

hey =) sorry to hear that (get it hear? lol no....sorry) but seriously I know its hard I did not lose my hearing overnight but it's fading dramatically quickly so i have a little to prepare but it's like month by month i am hearing less and less.
after months of speech therapy and my audiologist making it worst with experiments. Learning ASL was so so helpful and getting hearing aid (im still working on both of those)

if you need to talk we're hear (lol) for you. Welcome to AllDeaf :bye:

You mean "here", not "hear". :giggle:

^^^^^^ I tried to make a quote twice already. But it was taking too long so sorry about making another one. Dang! That is what I want to ask up in iscreamncake. Again, sorry. :(

^^^^^^ I tried to make a quote twice already. But it was taking too long so sorry about making another one. Dang! That is what I want to ask up in iscreamncake. Again, sorry. :(

sorry what did you want to ask me? btw the way it was a pun hear vs here...

I've been going on 2 weeks of losing my hearing no it is still an adjustment.

It will always be "an adjustment"...just make sure that the adjustment you are making is two-fold....and what I mean by that...is for the Hearies to adjust to you also....You will get a lot of "never mind"/"I'll tell you later", etc., etc.

It won't be easy, I assure you.

and do please ask ANYthing to any of us, any time, we're a community, an online community of d/Deaf people....we help each other (when we can, sometimes we'd insult each other a bit too, but too harshly you'd get a boot from the site for short time) im sure that wont be much of a case....but all im saying...you're not alone...
we (well most of us,some members are hearing /or interpreters/ but thats there's not alot of them here but in real life there's many...just 'hidden' in soceity just the same as deaf people are hidden as well as deafness as 'hidden' also....
so cheers

I know exactly how you feel. I lost all of my hearing overnight from a car accident about 2.5 yrs ago as a freshman in college. It definitely isn't easy. Sounds like we have a lot in common!

-Lauren

:wave: Welcome to AD. Wow, that's really hard especially to lose hearing overnight! But don't worry, you will find lots of useful info on AD on navigating through this difficult time. Have you considered CI so that you can hear sounds again? Yes, it will take time for you to learn to navigate through your life being deaf! Am sure you will get through this! Try to learn lip-reading. It helps a bit.
I am also deaf (profoundly deaf on the right ear and severely deaf on the left ear) but since I was 3 years old. So I am used to it.

Back