I'm on a quest to get married.

They're are many resources out there to assist you medically. Medicaid, Health Dept. Go to the social services office at the local hospitals.. they usually assist you too. Dr's can give you free samples etc.

But to marry someone just for the Health insurance....:ugh:

Lame, isn't it?

Reminds me of the illegal immigrants who marry Americans for a green card.

me thinks TheOracle is a big girl, and an intelligent one to boot....people do get married for a variety of reasons....even to get a Green Card.....

If it's a "loveless" marriage...just for "benefits only"...I'm sure a contract can be made out to suit both parties.

Doesn't mean it should be done. In fact, I find that it tarnishes the sanctity of marriage. In effect, she's using the guy to get something she wants. :ugh:

That was before, not anymore. How I know? I have friends that are immigrants, plus my ex were from Mexico. The law has changed after 9-11.

It still is happening. I see it all the time down here where I live. Women marrying men so they can get a green card.

It depends on, if this person from a country where Uncle sam would greatly welcome yes, but for example if from Canada, wish you lots of luck. Know what I mean?

It still is happening. I see it all the time down here where I live. Women marrying men so they can get a green card.

Doesn't mean it should be done. In fact, I find that it tarnishes the sanctity of marriage. In effect, she's using the guy to get something she wants. :ugh:

I disagree....Many people get married because they are lonely and desire companionship....some get married becuz one is rich (that happens a lot)...some get married becuz they have kids, and need a "father figure" in the home.....some becuz they are getting "old" and figure it's their last chance...some for "security".....in TheOracle's problem, it's for health insurance......the list goes on and on...Some even get married when they "THINK" it's Love....when actually it's LUST....There are no guarantees in our lives.

If everybody got married for "Love", then there would not be so many divorces in the world.....Trying to tell an adult that they should not get married for whatever reason?...That's wrong.

If both parties are in agreement...that's their business. Many, many times a Marriage, built upon a "business partnership" works very well for all concerned. And Perhaps that is what TheOracle is gonna do....who knows?...She's old enuf to do what she wants and feels is best in her situation at this time. She needs "no approval" of anyone....she's the one who will face any consequences of the marriage union.

Oracle, how old are you? If you're under ?27? your dad may be able to add you to his insurance as that was one of the changes required by Obamacare.

I disagree....Many people get married because they are lonely and desire companionship....some get married becuz one is rich (that happens a lot)...some get married becuz they have kids, and need a "father figure" in the home.....some becuz they are getting "old" and figure it's their last chance...some for "security".....in TheOracle's problem, it's for health insurance......the list goes on and on...Some even get married when they "THINK" it's Love....when actually it's LUST....There are no guarantees in our lives.

If everybody got married for "Love", then there would not be so many divorces in the world.....Trying to tell an adult that they should not get married for whatever reason?...That's wrong.

If both parties are in agreement...that's their business. Many, many times a Marriage, built upon a "business partnership" works very well for all concerned. And Perhaps that is what TheOracle is gonna do....who knows?...She's old enuf to do what she wants and feels is best in her situation at this time. She needs "no approval" of anyone....she's the one who will face any consequences of the marriage union.

On the bolded, we agree.

But, that doesn't mean that I have to agree with the reason and I don't. Also, she is the one who made the thread, so the rest of us could give our take on it. You take what you get. If someone doesn't want a subject discussed on AD with opinions of all types given, then don't make a thread about it.

couldnt care less, the oracle is cheap, she just wants to marry for money that's real low

yes they can. All cuz of Obamacare! New laws forbid insurance company from denying one cuz of pre-existing condition.

It doesn't mean it's affordable.

Plus...it hasn't gone into effect.

How am I 'using' anyone if I'm up front and honest about it? There's no deceit here.

How am I 'using' anyone if I'm up front and honest about it? There's no deceit here.

Well, if you marry someone for health insurance, you are using that person. It doesn't matter if it's agreed upon or not, you're still using the person to your advantage.

Last edited:
Well, if you marry someone for health insurance, you are using that person. It doesn't matter if it's agree upon or not, you're still using the person to your advantage.
Do you think that it's uncommon to use others in some form-even if unconsciously?

Do you think that it's uncommon to use others in some form-even if unconsciously?

No....everybody uses people for whatever from time to time...and as long as it's vice-versa, that's their business. Such as letting someone live with you (rent free) as long as they cleaned/cooked, etc. ....So you're using each other for a "benefit".

But for someone to just use another person without their knowing, that's wrong....(such as sex or money). Some people are so gullible they don't know they are being "used".

If someone is "up front" with another and both agreeing on the "benefits", I feel there is nothing wrong with it. A lot of times, it might "backfire" in their face, but that's the risk they are taking.

Back