I'm looking for new hearing impaired and deaf friends.

Renzel Castillano

Reaction score
Hello , My name is Renzel Castillano. I'm 15 yo.

Last edited:
Renzel, have you thought about going to a Deaf School to make friends and maybe even a girlfriend? It's a lot easier to have deep relationships with kids who are just like you. I know how hard mainstream school can be. Heck it's hard even for hearing kids!

Renzel, have you thought about going to a Deaf School to make friends and maybe even a girlfriend? It's a lot easier to have deep relationships with kids who are just like you. I know how hard mainstream school can be. Heck it's hard even for hearing kids!
It's really hard....

Last edited:
:( I was hoping things wouldn't be so hard today for hoh and deaf students . Hi
It is sadly. The problem is that HOH kids are pushed into the mainstream with little/no real specialized supports. It's an auditory-verbal style approach that implies that all a dhh kid needs is minimal accomondations and to somehow magically assimlate into the mainstream. Most can benefit from a dhh program set up. Even the most oral kid can still benefit from a skilled full time TOD, exposure to dhh peers (which is BEYOND important for social emotional development), etc etc. Most public schools don't have the skill set to help dhh or other low incidence kids. But there's been a HUGE fixtation on inclusion as the be all and end all.

Hello!! I am hearing, but I am finishing the first course of ASL this week. I would love to Skype with someone who is Deaf! If anyone wants to, that would be AWESOME! I would really appreciate it. I know it is kind of strange xD

Since you are only 15, don't forget to take your chance to go to NTID/RIT. Could make a lot more friends there.

Since you are only 15, don't forget to take your chance to go to NTID/RIT. Could make a lot more friends there.
Or transfer to a deaf school. Wonder if maybe he could attend one in the UK or in the US?

Im sure we can work something out.Im deaf.I have twitter,facebook chat,facetime,and i even have a VP. Which do you prefer?

Im sure we can work something out.Im deaf.I have twitter,facebook chat,facetime,and i even have a VP. Which do you prefer?
Yea I have facebook and facetime too. Are you from the UK or US?

Hello!! I am hearing, but I am finishing the first course of ASL this week. I would love to Skype with someone who is Deaf! If anyone wants to, that would be AWESOME! I would really appreciate it. I know it is kind of strange xD
Hi I am hearing impaired how are you want to make friends?

Hi I'm HoH too and I understand how hard it can be. I'm a little bit older than you (almost 30) and am back in college. I'm learning ASL properly now, after years of using my HAs, BAHA and signed English/voicing.

Back