I'm Home!

Braydens Mom

Reaction score
Ok, so the week was looooonng! Here are the highlights:

Salt Lake is big!

The horse show was wonderful. Lots of beautiful horses. I got the privledge to ride several! One of which sold for $45000 after his class.

The weather was great. I actually have a tan! lol... to think, in Oregon, I usually only rust!

I got to see tons of my friends from all over the country who also came to show their horses at this huge event.

American Paint Horse Association was there, and said it was the largest show of the year for APHA to date! (World show is coming up and it will be bigger)

I have never seen a Paligamist up close and personal. I went to Cabelas, and save several! lol

Kids other than mine wear me out!

One hour time change is not that big of deal, until you are getting up at 5 am, 4 am your own time! loL!

Cheers!:giggle:

Sounds like you had lots of fun. I'm glad your'e back home now, and maybe you need a little rest from your vacation to Salt Lake City.

Arent you glad that you live in Oregon? :) Welcome back home from another Oregonian :)

It was fun...but I got very tired. It is harder to be the assistant at a show than to show all day. The concrete is very hard on your feet and legs! lol!!

WELCOME back home (and on AD ;) )

The horse show was wonderful. Lots of beautiful horses. I got the privledge to ride several! One of which sold for $45000 after his class.

Sounds like you have had your fun this week!!!! Glad after all this moving and stuff that went on recently in your life. Even though I read it was tiring, I'm sure you pretty much appreciated the change of landscape, etc... :D

JL

How do you know you saw a polygamist? Don't they try to hide that from plain view unless they are in some sort of closed town where outsiders are generally not welcomed?

I thought the FLDS was pretty much non-functional without their leader.

How do you know you saw a polygamist? Don't they try to hide that from plain view unless they are in some sort of closed town where outsiders are generally not welcomed?

I thought the FLDS was pretty much non-functional without their leader.
Believe it or not, while in Cabela's, there were three wives and a husband. They were very open about it. (Not open talking about it, but showing affections.) My friend said that in Utah, the government just looks the other ways, since the majority of the public are Mormon. (Sp) :cool2:

In Mormon churches polygamy is frowned upon. What you likely saw were members of a cult known as the Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints, they are an off-shoot from the original Mormon church that appeared after the Mormons made polygamy against church law. I would have reported it to the police with a complete description of each person. Polygamy is illegal in all states, including Utah. With Texas Zion ranch having been in the media lately - all suspected polygamists are being closely watched for signs of abuse against women and children.

You would have to be a strong, self assured person to be in that kind of relationship. I really don't see how they function. I would be like...Back off... he's my man! lol!

Back