I'm hoh living in a world of hearing that i don't quite belong in...

Welcome to AllDeaf Forum. I am sorry that you had problem growing up with being bullied and calling you names. I hope you can join us for social chat and discussions here on AllDeaf forum. Cute when you mentioned all the animals that you have at home. See you around here. :wave:

Welcome to AllDeaf Forum. I am sorry that you had problem growing up with being bullied and calling you names. I hope you can join us for social chat and discussions here on AllDeaf forum. Cute when you mentioned all the animals that you have at home. See you around here. :wave:
I admit for a while I had a hard time coping with it, but now I view it as a strength, because if I was born hearing I probably would have viewed things differently. Because of my experiences I am actually getting my degrees in education and working on getting certified to work with children who are deaf/HoH, legally blind, and ones who have learning or communication disabilities. Thanks for the welcoming. I plan to be social on here. See you around as well! :)

Hello! A late welcome to AD! I totally understand your feelings because I experienced the same thing growing up. But don't let that affect you! We all lose friends along the way regardless whether you are hearing or hoh. Its a process of life. Eventually there will always be those who cherish you and become your support.

I also agree that being hoh have shaped me into who I am today.. I see things differently from others and I think my view on life has been a generally positive one despite the setbacks. I think I am quite privileged. Like you, I am aiming to be someone who can make a positive difference in someone else's life :)

Good day to you!

:welcome: You will be a much more caring person to those with whom you work because you know how it feels to be treated unkindly. I truly hope you find success in following your dream, and welcome to AD.

Back