• Shiba Inu

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Welsh Corgi, Pembroke

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Sweetheart said:
Forgot to add one more.

Shih Tzu:
9 to 16 lbs, up to 11 inches. Must grooming and brush, must clean eyes & ears.
Shih%20Tzu%20Puppy%20for%20Sale1.jpg

Aww This one is soo cute, I would vote " Shih Tzu ".... :ily:

Let's see....

American Eskimo - My Friend had that breed for so long time, her dog had soo much hair, its beautiful dog but to be warned that its skin may be very senstitve, skin problems underneath the hair. Her dog had all those skin problems even she took real good care of her but its the breed. Need to research on that...may need a lot of excercise...

Chihuahua - good size for apt,,, can excercise bec it can practically fit in the apt! LOL.

Dachshund - friend of mine have 2.... this breed... always , no guartnees, have back problems.

Jack Russell Terrier - very very high active dog (grew up with one myself) need backyard. Prob not suitable for apt.. best for a house w big yard because its nature, they are bred digger and hunter....barks a lot....

Manchester Terrier - no idea.

Pug - sweet. good for apt. but resipratory problems... is a big issue.

Rat Terrier - no idea.

Shiba Inu - had one in training class, didnt like that dog... was very mean and aggressive... but i dont know abt this breed.

Welsh Corgi, Pembroke - great dog good for apt...weight is heavier. up to you to pay more monthly rent.

Out of every voting options I ended up vote JACK RUSSELL TERRIER! That is my second choice of all breed. My number one is Staffordshire Terrier! (Pitbull family). At this moment my Jack Russell Terrier is driving nuts cuz I have meatballs sandwich in front of me. I know she wants to lick it to shinny clean!

I'm personally a fan of collies, labs and retrievers, pending they're trained. My parents' dog (it was also mine, at one point) is several things, mostly Lab, and was never trained. Damn thing drove me nuts.

PurrMeow said:
I wish i could vote them all but it requires only one to vote. I guess its Chihuahua. Since you and Seq live in an apt..

Ohh sounds good, thank you for vote and telling us! :thumb:

I know you want to vote all of them but hard haha

downing, that dog is soo cute. I would love to having that dog but same time, I would love to walk with dog by the leash you know what I mean??? I researched abt that dog that cant walk too much becuase it already excerise good enough in the apt becaue its small dog :lol:

Mama2AFTIV, I would like to having Welsh Corgi too.. But lets see what Sequoias and I want :giggle:

Thank you for vote and telling me! :thumb:

Welcome! So have fun 'puppy' hunting one day!

:hug:

Sweetheart said:
Mama2AFTIV, I would like to having Welsh Corgi too.. But lets see what Sequoias and I want :giggle:

Thank you for vote and telling me! :thumb:

downing said:
Let's see....

American Eskimo - My Friend had that breed for so long time, her dog had soo much hair, its beautiful dog but to be warned that its skin may be very senstitve, skin problems underneath the hair. Her dog had all those skin problems even she took real good care of her but its the breed. Need to research on that...may need a lot of excercise...

Chihuahua - good size for apt,,, can excercise bec it can practically fit in the apt! LOL.

Dachshund - friend of mine have 2.... this breed... always , no guartnees, have back problems.

Jack Russell Terrier - very very high active dog (grew up with one myself) need backyard. Prob not suitable for apt.. best for a house w big yard because its nature, they are bred digger and hunter....barks a lot....

Manchester Terrier - no idea.

Pug - sweet. good for apt. but resipratory problems... is a big issue.

Rat Terrier - no idea.

Shiba Inu - had one in training class, didnt like that dog... was very mean and aggressive... but i dont know abt this breed.

Welsh Corgi, Pembroke - great dog good for apt...weight is heavier. up to you to pay more monthly rent.

Since you have good experience with Chihuahua... Do they have any problems with healthy? Can you tell me abt it? But thanks!

diehardbiker65 said:
Out of every voting options I ended up vote JACK RUSSELL TERRIER! That is my second choice of all breed. My number one is Staffordshire Terrier! (Pitbull family). At this moment my Jack Russell Terrier is driving nuts cuz I have meatballs sandwich in front of me. I know she wants to lick it to shinny clean!

Jack Russell Terrier is sooo cute! But apt, ugh!

Mama2AFTIV said:
Welcome! So have fun 'puppy' hunting one day!

:hug:

Thanks! If Sequoias and I get a puppy and I will take a picture of our new pet whenever we get one and post it in here ok? :hug:

Ok, They're all wonderful breeds. Here's what you need to do though. Go to the bookstore and get a book such as Simon & Schusters Guide to Dogs (There are several different guides). Each of these dogs has good and bad points and it depends on your personal life style. Some need more exercise, some more grooming & brushing, some are better/worse with kids & guests. These books aren't cheap so you may want to go somewhere like Borders and sit and read it since you've already narrowed it down. I used to manage a pet store and I would buy any of these breeds, but they're not all for everyone. Keep in mind too, that you can always get a dog that isn't typical for his breed, so if you're wanting an older dog spend enough time with him before you bring him/her home to get a good read on his personality. Most of all good luck and have fun!

Awesome! I am sure you'll enjoy the puppy just like you enjoy the rats! :thumb:

Sweetheart said:
Thanks! If Sequoias and I get a puppy and I will take a picture of our new pet whenever we get one and post it in here ok? :hug:

Sweetheart said:
I would love to having them BUT you knew how Apt is... Apt is very strict on dogs and how lbs they are... :dunno: thats why I choosed small dogs at start then when Sequoias and I move to differet place with BIG yard so he and I can get any kind of dogs.

Bulldogs is VERY SHORT AND BIG BROAD..
252_web-ERE-bulldog-NYC15335.jpg

READ IT !!!

Ok, They're all wonderful breeds. Here's what you need to do though. Go to the bookstore and get a book such as Simon & Schusters Guide to Dogs (There are several different guides). Each of these dogs has good and bad points and it depends on your personal life style. Some need more exercise, some more grooming & brushing, some are better/worse with kids & guests. These books aren't cheap so you may want to go somewhere like Borders and sit and read it since you've already narrowed it down. I used to manage a pet store and I would buy any of these breeds, but they're not all for everyone. Keep in mind too, that you can always get a dog that isn't typical for his breed, so if you're wanting an older dog spend enough time with him before you bring him/her home to get a good read on his personality. Most of all good luck and have fun!

Those are the most important things to take under consideration when thinking about taking in a dog.

How much time do you have for dog's exercise, rain or shine?
some dogs require at least twice a day vigorious exercise for minimum 1 - 2 hrs. Running, ball throwing etc no merely a walk. Otherwise out of boredom and unused energy they will be destructive at home- getting into stuff, ripping it apart, chewing.. trouble, in one word.

How tolerant you are to see dogs hair everywhere?, sand, mudprints? occasional potty accidents (dogs do have diarhhaea, mind you)

are you sure you will be able to keep a dog for life- an average life span betwen 10 to 15 years? what will you do with it if you will want to go on vacation?

are you prepared financially to take care of your dog when it gets sick? vaccination are mandatory, and if it was up to me so would be sterilisation.

that and many other things to consider. Forget about just cuteness factor!!

Fuzzy

It's hard for me vote which one because I like all dogs until Downing's post influence my decision...

Chihuahua

I know Jack Russell terrior are hypericative dogs... Of course they are such darling dog.

Sweetheart said:
downing, that dog is soo cute. I would love to having that dog but same time, I would love to walk with dog by the leash you know what I mean??? I researched abt that dog that cant walk too much becuase it already excerise good enough in the apt becaue its small dog :lol:

I walk my dog a mile everyday. he is doing just fine.

Sweetheart said:
Since you have good experience with Chihuahua... Do they have any problems with healthy? Can you tell me abt it? But thanks!

No health problems at all so far. He is UTD (up to dates) for vaccinations. On chihuahua forums only i see chihuahuas that have health problems that are neglected by owners that surrendered them over to rescue organization that try to restore their health back.

in winter time/rainy seasons. you can practically throw or put on a tshirt with funny wordings on the back. I have a tshirt saying "Doesn't Bite"

I have seen other forum boards like Boston or Labs they have Plataes or Leg problems like joints and knees. I don't know how to spell them. U need to research each breed for health problems. I will look for the link and have that posted for you ok.

Back