Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shiba Inu

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Welsh Corgi, Pembroke

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

WhisperHorse

Reaction score
Im looking for small dogs for right now, under 35 lbs. Im not going to buy a puppy by now or soon, maybe later when I have enough money but just wanted to check on stuffs on dogs, history for their healthy, etc like that. If you already have experience with that breed dogs, just tell me your opinion and GENERAL from your min with opinion, just go ahead to post in here please? Thanks

And vote the poll which you think is best, please? THANK YOU AGAIN! :hug:

American Eskimo Dog:
6 to 40 lbs, 9 to 19 inches. Must Brush and Grooming, excrise often.
a8.jpg

Chihuahua:
6 lbs, 6 to 9 inches. Brush, Grooming(if long haired), claws must trimmed, and teeth must check up.
tyson.jpg

Dachshund:
11 to 32 lbs, 5 to 9 inches. Long Haired-grooming, Wire Haired- plucked twice in a year.
=2002-12-30%20Dachshund%20Dynasty.jpg

Jack Russell Terrier:
13 to 17 lbs, 12 to 14 inches. Mini Grooming, Brush, Nails Trimmed, Easily over-fed. Healthy Issues: Deafness, Glaucoma, Epilespy, Allergies and Skin Problems.
dogbreedsadv94.jpg

Manchester Terrier:
12 to 22 lbs, 15 to 16 inches. Brush, Ears Must Clean, Claws Must Keep Short.
toymanchesterMojoCory.jpg

Pug:
14 to 18 lbs, 10 to 11 inches. Brush, Special Lotion for Facial Creases, must clean the face & eyes & ears.
pug.jpg

Rat Terrier:
12 to 35 lbs, 14 to 23 inches. Brush.
rat9.jpg

Shiba Inu:
20 to 30 lbs, 14.5 to 15.5 inches. Grooming and Brush.
Shiba%20Inu.htm_txt_Shiba_6.gif

Welsh Corgi, Pembroke:
27 lbs for Male, 25 lbs for Female, 10 to 12 inches. Brush.
welshcorgipembroke.JPG

Forgot to add one more.

Shih Tzu:
9 to 16 lbs, up to 11 inches. Must grooming and brush, must clean eyes & ears.
Shih%20Tzu%20Puppy%20for%20Sale1.jpg

i voted american eskimo.. because its more similar to a wolf type dog :P

jack russell terrier is my leastest dog i prefer.. they're rather WILD, agressive, and harm to some kids.

Welsh Corgi, Pembroke -- I also like american eskimo.. I like many diff kind of dogs... not all dogs are same and being healthy etc... but i think I would want pembroke soo adorable pictures though. :)

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i voted american eskimo.. because its more similar to a wolf type dog :P

jack russell terrier is my leastest dog i prefer.. they're rather WILD, agressive, and harm to some kids.

Thank you for vote and tell me the reasons.

My best friend have American Eskimo, she is so beautiful. But sort of afraid since she bought her from Pet Store which she been used to the cage... But, will still be afraid to new stuffs, if SAME and OLD stuffs, she isnt afraid of.

OldNavyGirl said:
Welsh Corgi, Pembroke -- I also like american eskimo.. I like many diff kind of dogs... not all dogs are same and being healthy etc... but i think I would want pembroke soo adorable pictures though. :)

Thank you for vote and tell me your reasons.

Yeppers, Welsh Corgi, Pembroke is soo beautiful too.. Thats why I posted them in here to seeing what all of people's opinions and experience with dogs so I can think which better to get a puppy :giggle:

Sweetheart said:
Thank you for vote and tell me the reasons.

My best friend have American Eskimo, she is so beautiful. But sort of afraid since she bought her from Pet Store which she been used to the cage... But, will still be afraid to new stuffs, if SAME and OLD stuffs, she isnt afraid of.
i don't believe in buying dogs from pet store.. alot of customers treat them bad, hitting the cage, etc.. small dogs are mostly afraid of things compare to large dogs.
and buying dogs from pet store normally screwed you.. the price is too high compare from other place u can buy from. and you don't know how the dog is been treated.. the owner of pet store abuse? feed well? customers treat them well? etc..

Sweetheart said:
Forgot to add one more.

Shih Tzu:
9 to 16 lbs, up to 11 inches. Must grooming and brush, must clean eyes & ears.
Shih%20Tzu%20Puppy%20for%20Sale1.jpg
whoa! punkywolfy have this, he got new puppy for his bday last jan... i fell in love with dog!

I think everyone should get a Schipperke!

Me, I'd like a Border Collie. It'd be companionship on my long runs.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i don't believe in buying dogs from pet store.. alot of customers treat them bad, hitting the cage, etc.. small dogs are mostly afraid of things compare to large dogs.
and buying dogs from pet store normally screwed you.. the price is too high compare from other place u can buy from. and you don't know how the dog is been treated.. the owner of pet store abuse? feed well? customers treat them well? etc..

I agreed with you... But right now, Im looking for a breeder or somene who sell dogs but I would rather to look at them or how they treat dogs or their history with dogs and animals. I just dont want to getting bad dogs or whtever like that, you know what i mean?

GalaxyAngel said:
Wha... bout British Bulldogs..???

I would love to having them BUT you knew how Apt is... Apt is very strict on dogs and how lbs they are... :dunno: thats why I choosed small dogs at start then when Sequoias and I move to differet place with BIG yard so he and I can get any kind of dogs.

TweetyBird said:
whoa! punkywolfy have this, he got new puppy for his bday last jan... i fell in love with dog!

Same, my sister have that dog, I fall in love with that dog becuase its soooo adorable! But Punkywolfy have that dog?! Thats sooo awesome!

For your apartment, I think Shih Tzu, Chichuchua and Dachusand (Sausage dog) are suitable pets.

Endymion said:
I think everyone should get a Schipperke!

Me, I'd like a Border Collie. It'd be companionship on my long runs.

Schipperkes are expensive dogs. I lived with one for a year and half. Before I lived with LUPO, I had never met a dog who stole women's underwear and chewed on them for pleasure. Nor had I met a dog who had major issues with any human male figures, fell in love with a white deaf cat named Thea, and hid under the bed out of fear in the presence of my neighbor's dog, a Pomeranian. LUPO stole at least three of my undies, costing me around 25.00 USD, and terrorized every male companion who stepped into my apartment.

Mind you, I grew up with dogs. I had two dogs, Espi and Bebe. Espi was an Old English Sheepdog who loved her tummy rubs and barked every time I ate dinner front of her. She died last year. Bebe is a mysterious breed that resembles a bit of Jack Russell terrier, a Welsh Corgi, a Chihuahua, and a Shiba Inu. She was a stray puppy who followed my grandma home; my mother took her in. Bebe no longer lives with us, as she found life lonely without her sister around. At that time, my parents didn't live regularly at home and I was living several hundred miles away. We made the decision to hand Bebe over to my relatives, who only lives across town, as they have another dog named Oa ("the black one" or "blackie" in Taiwanese). Bebe and Oa play together all the time. I stop by regularly to walk them.

I want another dog someday, but that day is not today or tomorrow.

I wish i could vote them all but it requires only one to vote. I guess its Chihuahua. Since you and Seq live in an apt..

You could get a Chihuahua. I have a chihuahua... I am moving into apt this weekend... they do charge dogs by its weight. I am lucky bec my dog is only 4 lbs and only need to pay 15 a month where most are from 50 to 100 a month....

Not much of grooming cuz of short haired... You can bath him every week or two.. easy to mange. You can have him potty pad trained...even use litterbox w pad...if weather is too cold. Spot can go into litter and go his business. You can take chi to stores because they do accept small dogs... I think Target, Home Depot, Lowes, WalMart. ummm not sure others...

I do dress him in clothes. it is cute and very light, easy to carry. My boys loves him so much, i exposured my dog at a very young age to ppl, big dogs, kids and I was very fortunane that Spot does not yip or bark like a lot Chihuahua does.. I got mine from an reputable breeder.

Here is a pic of my dog, Spot... you can pm me or ask me any questions. Feel free.. I am a member of Chihuahua Forum....(psss. vet charges are much cheaper for Spot than big dogs bec I used to have a Lab dog, my gosh, more $$$ but with Spot, damn cheap $. haha)

photo991hs.jpg

I wish I could vote more than 1! Oh well!

American Eskimo- Pretty dog!
Chihuahua-CUTE!
Dachshund-CUTE!
Jack Russell Terrier-that breed that I have now. :) She's great dog!!!
Manchester Terrier- ok-ok
Pug-CUTE
Rat Terrier-somewhat it look odd but neat!
Shiba Inu-pretty
Welsh Corgi-CUTE!
Pembroke-ok-ok

For your apt...ummm Jack Russell tend bark a lot! Welsh Corgi is probably my 1st choice if I was in your shoe. Since it's small, personailties is so cute, my friend have one that I told you that she love to smile front of camera! Really it is you and Seq's decision though!

Good luck, girlie!
:hug:

Back