I'm a DJ now

BradB08

Reaction score
I just got a radio show and started it last Sunday morning (2am-4am). I will be doing it again in a few hours. Was very nervous but I have had a lot of support from the folks at WRUV that want to see me succeed. They think that having a deaf DJ is unique and it is good publicity for them. I just want to play music and mainly, that's all I do.

I'm hoping to finish up 6 shows on the graveyard shift and apply for a better time. I doubt that anyone's listening that early.

For me, this is huge. I have always wanted to be a DJ and this is just one more thing I can tick off on my list of things to accomplish. Before you even think about criticizing me for anything, think twice. I would rather accomplish as much as I can and not worry about whether I'm "deaf enough" for anyone. I am an unique person and this is simply my way of catering to the part of me that wants new challenges in life.

Awesome!!! U have all of my support! :cheers:

Let us know how it went. :)

I just got a radio show and started it last Sunday morning (2am-4am). I will be doing it again in a few hours. Was very nervous but I have had a lot of support from the folks at WRUV that want to see me succeed. They think that having a deaf DJ is unique and it is good publicity for them. I just want to play music and mainly, that's all I do.

I'm hoping to finish up 6 shows on the graveyard shift and apply for a better time. I doubt that anyone's listening that early.

For me, this is huge. I have always wanted to be a DJ and this is just one more thing I can tick off on my list of things to accomplish. Before you even think about criticizing me for anything, think twice. I would rather accomplish as much as I can and not worry about whether I'm "deaf enough" for anyone. I am an unique person and this is simply my way of catering to the part of me that wants new challenges in life.

stfu no way! congrat, dude. what do you talk about? for some odd reason - I'm envisioning you to be the next Howard Stern. LOL

stfu no way! congrat, dude. what do you talk about? for some odd reason - I'm envisioning you to be the next Howard Stern. LOL

Definitely, I can see that too!

Congrats Brad!!

Hey never anything wrong with stepping forward, to achieve your goals in life.

I don't talk much at all.

My primary job is to play music and play a variety of under-represented genres. For now, the format is loose since it's 6 shows, 2am-4am Sunday mornings and then I can apply for a much better spot. Gives me time to get used to things and correct mistakes where they appear.

I hate the sound of my own voice so I'd never do talk radio. Heh.

By the way, if anyone wants to listen, wruv 90.1fm Choose 2009-03-15 Graveyard Shift I and that's my show.

What did you mean by the comment about being "deaf enough?"

A reference (more like a dig at) to my days as a student at a deaf school. I was always doing things my way and got a bit of ridicule for it. The ones doing the ridicule eventually became my friends so it all evens out.

I don't talk much at all.

My primary job is to play music and play a variety of under-represented genres. For now, the format is loose since it's 6 shows, 2am-4am Sunday mornings and then I can apply for a much better spot. Gives me time to get used to things and correct mistakes where they appear.

I hate the sound of my own voice so I'd never do talk radio. Heh.

By the way, if anyone wants to listen, wruv 90.1fm Choose 2009-03-15 Graveyard Shift I and that's my show.

ooooh the MUSIC DJ. :dj:

I play a lot of vinyl but I don't scratch it. No way. My records are too precious.

I have a large collection of that so might as well. My two main genres of focus are punk and ska with a bit of reggae, folk and eclectric mixed in.

Can u make a copy of record on "YouTube" video for everyone to see how u're doing at ur work as a Dj?

Lavender,

He may not be able to because of copyright laws and yes, his station owns the copyright.

By the way, Brad, congratulations! I'm completing my degree and am aiming to be a television news reporter. As for caring what people think, specifically deaf people, I have a hearing dog and I don't care what other deaf people say about me and I most definately don't care if they talk to me. I learned to take that attitude from shel90. Besides, I know not all deaf people are that way and if they're decent people, they'll be supportive of you in what you're doing.

As for the different shift you want, you may have to wait quite awhile for that so you will need to sharpen your teeth on that ghastly schedule. Make your show worth having people either get up or stay up to listen to you. That way, you get your audience and fans.

Can u make a copy of record on "YouTube" video for everyone to see how u're doing at ur work as a Dj?

No but you can save the mp3 file at the link I provided earlier and listen to that as much as you want.

I'm not about to do anything stupid as I relish this opportunity.

Lol way to get defensive before anyone ever questioned you, chief.

But in all seriousness, thats a cool gig.

Play some "Now we all got something to die for" by Lamb of God.

That's awesome and congratulations! :)

Congratulations. Love your message too!! Free Jillio!:P

Wow that sounds like a fun job better than what I do for a living. :lol:

Back