I'll turn it into an advantage.

Qkitty

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm currently hard of hearing and slowly going completely deaf. Doctors have tried, but there's nothing they can do about it. I'm not going to let this get me down, just got to look at the bright side. So I'm here to meet new people, learn ASL, and learn about what it's like being deaf.

@ Frisky Feline; Yeah they did, but my parents don't want to do it.

@ rockin'robin; Thanks:)

I'm sorry you are going through this it's tough. I will certainly being going through this myself at some point. Keep up the positive attitude.

@ Frisky Feline; They just don't want stuff being implanted in my head. I'm 18. Thanks.

@ VacationGuy; Yeah it is especially when not many of my friends are very supportive. Well hopefully you don't have to, I'll pray for you:) I'll try my best, thanks.

Hello! My name is Faelan. Wishing you the best and if you are seeking a friend or asl buddy, I would love to talk :)

@ Frisky Feline; They just don't want stuff being implanted in my head. I'm 18. Thanks.

I understand. So hope you will get a good support from the VOC REH or any kind of services where you can learn about ASL or deaf community or counserling.

But it seems to me that you are doing the right thing that you came here. :)

Hi everyone. I'm currently hard of hearing and slowly going completely deaf. Doctors have tried, but there's nothing they can do about it. I'm not going to let this get me down, just got to look at the bright side. So I'm here to meet new people, learn ASL, and learn about what it's like being deaf.

What is the diagnosis of the cause of your hearing loss.

What have the doctors tried?

Welcome. Are you going to start to learn ASL? If u are u should pm me because i may start learning some soon and it would be nice to learn along with a new beginner. Stay positive the world is full of depressed people

Thanks to everyone that welcomed me.

@ Erooa; Hi Faelan:) Nice to meet you. And I would love an asl buddy! Haha.

@ Frisky Feline; I wish I could, but the days that the group that I was interested in meets are the days that I'm not available, which sucks.

@http://www.alldeaf.com/members/bottesini.html Bottesini; The doctors think that I might have taken some medicine that caused it. And me blasting my music didn't really help the situation. I didn't realize that my hearing was getting worse till someone pointed it out, that's when I went to the doctors.

@ Lucas; Yeah, I'm trying to learn. That sounds great. Thanks:)

Thanks to everyone that welcomed me.

@ Erooa; Hi Faelan:) Nice to meet you. And I would love an asl buddy! Haha.

QUOTE]

@ QKitty That would be great! I added you on skype. :D Can't wait to start talking!:D

Back