If you work, what do you do?

you love this couple they won European lottery twice in a month now that's a job i do well if only numbers come up

i was a RN but gave up after deaf,then ducking and diving
Interesting, i was paramedic gave up when i became too Deaf to do that job. Now wanting to go back to school and hopefully get my BSN. There is Lots of demand for that profession. If it turns out it doesn't fit me i can switch over to a MS in biomedical engineering.
Lot depends on how well my N6's are going to work. I would love to be staff nurse at residential school somewhere. Possibly work at Cochlear Implant center so i can make sure every potential patient/parent gets true Informed Consent by understanding options and implications of ASL and Deaf culture.
Without this patients are NOT getting informed consent as required by law.
Have you thought about getting back into nursing? Hopefully i will get to check out cool stethoscope in Denver next week. Check out thinklabs.com

Currently unemployed.
I took a semester off from my accounting program only to find out that my state cut funding for the community colleges. I'll have to transfer to another state in order to finish my program and graduate.

I'm re-learning some graphic design stuff and learning how to code (programming). I need to find something to do to bring in more income otherwise I'd drive myself crazy.

Is that drug rehab coinsiling you mean?

I the know.deafie drugbrehab in twin city

There is a big one at the U of Minnesota Riverside (in Minneapolis). Not sure if that's the one you've heard of.

There is a big one at the U of Minnesota Riverside (in Minneapolis). Not sure if that's the one you've heard of.

Yep thats the one,
I didnt go through it myself, i kicked the old school way,but dozens of my friends went through that place, more then once.

Yep thats the one,

I didnt go through it myself, i kicked the old school way,but dozens of my friends went through that place, more then once.

Is it that well known? I know of it only because it's right here near where I live, but id never heard of it otherwise.

Is it that well known? I know of it only because it's right here near where I live, but id never heard of it otherwise.

Its known very much in the deafie hard user, addict world. as far as i know its thr only rehab for us. In the country. i also know canada sends its deafie addicts there too..so it gets deafies from usa and canAda.
when i od. When they woke me with stuff called narcan, it kicks your heart beating again, its like the old adranaline shots, but goes.in.vein. not heart like old days. i was going to go there, was on the list...so on...but i booked it. anyway its known...
Amongst us anyway..
I clean for years now, have a carrier, a life, just to be clear..if wondering...besides pot...haha...tsk tsk

Last edited:
Its known very much in the deafie hard user, addict world. as far as i know its thr only rehab for us. In the country. i also know canada sends its deafie addicts there too..so it gets deafies from usa and canAda.
when i od. When they woke me with stuff called narcan, it kicks your heart beating again, its like the old adranaline shots, but goes.in.vein. not heart like old days. i was going to go there, was on the list...so on...but i booked it. anyway its known...
Amongst us anyway..
I clean for years now, have a carrier, a life, just to be clear..if wondering...

do ya mean heroin.....did doing the japenese things help I spent many years on and off just weak person..not heard of giving adrenalin or having kick start heart unless OD..when say old fashion ya mean cold turky

Last edited:
do ya mean heroin.....did doing the japenese things help I spent many years on and off just weak person..not heard of giving adrenalin or having kick start heart unless OD..when say old fashion ya mean cold turky

Yes junk.yes i went under (od) a couple times in my life. Adranaline was used but now.and for s while narcan is what they use to bring you back froman overdose.
Old school.way is jail and cold turkey. No methadone, just sick and kick

Amongst us anyway..
I clean for years now, have a carrier, a life, just to be clear..if wondering...besides pot...haha...tsk tsk

I'm glad you're clean now, even with pot. I had no idea the facility near me was that well known. I'd never even heard of it until a few years ago when a friend of mine joined the stAff there.

I'm glad you're clean now, even with pot. I had no idea the facility near me was that well known. I'd never even heard of it until a few years ago when a friend of mine joined the stAff there.

Thank you alleycat. Im glad too. its getting more known now with net and so on. Before it was just hard junkie.deafie sign to sign..sometimes it csme scross as a myth, , but it was real...
Yep

Back