if you think your petrol(gas) is expensive

Macian

Reaction score
well now the price per litre of petrol in UK has topped £1($2+) per litre, yes per litre(there is 5 litres per gallon), that works out at over $10 per gallon. so if you think you're gas is expensive don't ever move to the UK.
the truckers have already started a protest and blockading the fuel depots, anyone else in the world got higher fule prices than that? i sincerely hope not

Diesel is getting expensive - it is at AUD$1.52 but for unleaded petrol it is at some steady pace though - AUD$1.34

Only 3.79 liters only equal one U.S. gallon, so if you're talking U.S. dollars, your math will be off a bit. However, 4.5 liters do make a U.K. gallon.

Whatever, you're right that gasoline is way too much of any money everywhere.

In New Zealand it was about $1.70 per litre for gas, $1.40 *I think* per litre for diesel. That was the last time I saw the petrol price few days ago.

As for Australia I haven't been near by any of the gas station yet.

Well, macian,
I imagine the cost of petrol/gas in Zimbabwe would be the world's highest due to excessive inflation of over 2000%.

I could be wrong, though.

I wish it is a per gallon, a $1.52 per gallon would be lovely, don't you think. i remember it was a 95 to 99 cent per gallon in my early days....I miss that!!!!

Yeah - It is cheaper if it was per gallon, but in Australia -- it is different.

Yeah - It is cheaper if it was per gallon, but in Australia -- it is different.

I know...here it is still a 2.99 per gallon with credit card, or 2.95 cash....so for a litre that would a how much? haha...I bet it would be more per gallon than I thought. I am not good with math. I need a paper to figure out the amount. :ugh3:

I know...here it is still a 2.99 per gallon with credit card, or 2.95 cash....so for a litre that would a how much? haha...I bet it would be more per gallon than I thought. I am not good with math. I need a paper to figure out the amount. :ugh3:

But still in the U.S - petrol is cheaper than the Australians have down here. For my little car - I fill ut up for AUD$35 and our family wagon costs AUD$85.

But still in the U.S - petrol is cheaper than the Australians have down here. For my little car - I fill ut up for AUD$35 and our family wagon costs AUD$85.

If I ever had to spend $85, my car will be sold and I am going to ride on a bike :giggle:

Yea the gas geez I dont understand how litre works sorry buddy. That ok not to worry.

I remmy the cheapest price would be 83 cent per gallon.

I remmy the cheapest price would be 83 cent per gallon.

Ha! You are such a kid, Horselover! When I was a teen, I pumped gas the summer of '57 at the Standard service station in a small Montana town when gas went up to a quarter a gallon and tourists complained bitterly because a gallon was still 23 cents in the big cities.

Ha! You are such a kid, Horselover! When I was a teen, I pumped gas the summer of '57 at the Standard service station in a small Montana town when gas went up to a quarter a gallon and tourists complained bitterly because a gallon was still 23 cents in the big cities.
...and you offered full service, too! :P

I am pretty young, and I can even remember gas only being around $1.70- something in 2001. And we thought it was expensive then!

Boy were we wrong! At $3.00/gallon now $1.70 doesnt sound all that bad.

I think the gas hike has alot to do with the Iraqi mess Bush created, but that is for an entirely different thread.

...and you offered full service, too! :P

Oh, my, I forgot till you mentioned it, Reba.

Yup, after I set the nozzle to slow to "fill 'er up," I washed the windshield and windows around to the driver, then asked to check oil, water, battery, and tire pressure. We made more money topping off oil (or showing them how dirty it was on the dip-stick to suggest an oil change), but the rest of the service was all for free.

If I didn't smile while doing all that, say "thank you," and wave good-bye, the boss docked me a dime.

Back