If you had a choice...

I like who I am today...would I want to go back to be hearing? Probably so, but then I would have missed out on being deaf. Guess I've mellowed with age and the anger and hurt have subsided somewhat, so neverless, I enjoy life day by day....it's my way, the way I am.

I really don't get the point of these questions. Well, I would stay the way I am. Every single experience in my life shaped me into the person I am today and when I take a look in the mirror, I really like the person in there.
Therefore I wouldn't change anything about myself. I could risk losing my identity at least a part of it.

If you could choose: Would you like to be able to fly or stay as you are right now?
I think it would be totally awesome, but then again, moot point...

As a kid, I obsessed and prayed about having hearing - it really occupied much of my waking thoughts. I fantasized about having wishes come true just like the fairy tales and I've gone running out into the snow crying at God, asking him to please please please let me wake up hearing.

To be psychologically held hostage by such a wish that will never come true was a miserable way to live.

Once I let all that go and stopped wishing for hearing or even thinking about what it would like to be hearing, that was when I became a much happier and more relaxed person. I do find it insensitive of hearing people to ask that question though.

I think we all have stories like that LOL. I'm hearing and I remember begging for God to correct so many things in my life LOL. Some of them were, others weren't. It's a little harder (as a kid and a person) when you think something's wrong with you. It's even worse when everyone around you isn't suffering the same fate (or when it feels like they're no where near it). I love this outlook though.

Back