If you had 1 Million Dollars...

Is this million before or after taxes? If it is before taxes, then you know where at least 350K of that will go.

Btw, have you sent in your tea bag?

get out of present debt
do more study and have all that paid for
travel
then finish of my study then find work (yes work or id be bored),
upon after study, id recall my travel to consider where I'd stay forever, and for that to build a good, 'simple looking' beach house (but with clever designs to conceal rooms) somewhere.
After deciding I'd like to settle into simple house with a good underground garage (ramps to below the house) and have a long 50m 2-lane swimming pool (with a roof) in the back yard, few cats and dogs and furnish the home with art-deco decorations
and live of interest for food and power bills
oh, and buy a maserati, a quadporte will do

Buy a new house and two cars
Donate some to my siblings and parents
Invest some and might do business
some for charities then travel and play golf
little debt ($4k) is all I have to pay off
...all those above after taxes ofc

If I had one million dollars, I'd find a cure for bipolar and cancer. (Sorry to mention bipolar, but that's what I would do.)

Pay off my credit cards.
Buy a condo in San Diego.
Buy a new car.
Help my parents out with things they want/need.
Send my brother back to school.

Wouldnt mind paying off any debts for sure. ... and get an nice apartment with a 1 or 2 year lease and put some money into some sections of my bank account for lease payments to make easy, other sections such as funeral expenses, saving expenses, chequing/debt card expenses and the rest to save up for later for travelling or so... who knows but it would be ideal for me somehow...

million dollars....ALL of it? as opposed to winning that and then half goes to taxes or something......I'd:

< not in any order>
pay off and fix up to sell house -

give some to my folks-

donate to - animal rescue/shelters, Rottweiler Health Foundation, Rabies Challenge Fund -

invest/savings -

buy new house-

get agility and other dog training equipment -

I would pay off my mortgage

Take a great vacation with my family

Put a large sum into investments for the future (retirement, my daughters college...)

Give a small portion to my Mom and sisters

buy out all the sunglass companies and monopolize the sunglass market :cool2:

Pay my mortgage.

Buy a new KIA Soul car in purple color.

Buy an annuity so we could retire.

Pay out all my debts
Purchase a new house
Purchase a new car. (possible, Ford Fiesta)
Put away the rest.

I would pay off my debts.

Set money aside for my children college.

Invest, invest, invest, to make more.

Donate to help people with Lou Gearing's. A.L.S.

I'd pay off everything I owe... then help my parents out with anything they need.

I'll get myself a few things I need, then put the rest in the bank. :)

Pay off everything, buy a new house, Porsche car and every furniture in *one* payment without interest, buy the minor things I want, then build my own computer lab - maybe 12 workstations, 6 laptops and 4 servers (I already have 3!).

The rest left off will be invested in the bank. My parents wouldn't need any help from me because they already have stable jobs.

A donate is a plenty of love to give people's needs, and I will have my small account for my family's sake and myself. :)

If I had the million with me I gotta pay taxes on it ..after I got left over from taxes, Id take the house Im currrently living in for cheap price and maybe expand my cars a bit by adding a 2010 Camaro SS/6-speed manual plus a Ford Escape XLS 5-speed or Honda Element DFE with 5 speed and a Ford F150 SVT Raptor then save the rest of the $....(and maybe get myself a Portuguese Water Dog too lol Might name him Barack rofl)

Last edited:
I do not owe anything.
$1 million is not enough for me to quit my job.
I will put $$$ in stock (wall street).

I have to admit that I am very much surprised to see so many people adding money to a save account or to charity...

Some other people though are more greedy than I thought they would be... give them 1 Million USD and it's still not enough :roll:

Jamie

I have to admit that I am very much surprised to see so many people adding money to a save account or to charity...

Some other people though are more greedy than I thought they would be... give them 1 Million USD and it's still not enough :roll:

Jamie

I wonder, "Is Jamie under 18 years old?"

This time is not good economy. Most companies cut worker's salary or afraid to lost job. Everyone needs to have security for their life.

Yes, $1 million is not enough. The Gov will take our tax. Then, I will have approx $750K balance. Nice house cost me $225K to $250K plus property tax. Final balance is $500,000.

Some people won in Lotto but sad story
The Lotto Report - Links to many sad but true lotto winners stories. All found on the Lotto Report web site.

Back