If you could live in any time period, which one and why??

I'd have to say the 20's, 50's, 70's and 80's, the medieval times would of been interesting but at the same time, I don't think it was great being a woman in those times.

go to early 1600's in Germany in the forest, as a (hearing, not deaf as in the past deafs were shunned apart from few rare times like turkey 14th century but its not my 'taste') hunter that would be grand to own a prized Black Braken, and breed that, to Keep the Braken so it doesnt die out as extinct now and then pop back to the future (present) and breed more for myself on a farm (from getting rich in Germany 1600's using futures' ideas/knowledge)

I would go back in as an aristocrat in the Regency period.

That was the period before everything has changed on many levels.

Also the clothes were beautiful at that time.

I have to say even with all the tough economy that is going on I would like to have been born after 2000. We have made such incredible progress with technology in the past 10 years that I believe this is the best time to live. At no time in history, have humans taken such a quantum leap in knowledge even if we are standing on the shoulders of giants.

I have to say even with all the tough economy that is going on I would like to have been born after 2000. We have made such incredible progress with technology in the past 10 years that I believe this is the best time to live. At no time in history, have humans taken such a quantum leap in knowledge even if we are standing on the shoulders of giants.

Yeah... I don't think so. Unless your parents are strong, independent, highly intelligent, and able to constructively criticize society and thus school you at home, you'd be another sap caught in the Every Child Left Behind bullshit non-education system we have now. I went to public school at a place and time when teachers were not bogged down by bullshit testing guidelines and were actually able to teach useful stuff. I shudder to think what goes on now in the schools I attended.

Maybe the Mayans were right, that 2012 being "the end of the world" really means a shift in consciousness and we would be able to actualize our wishes. Yikes.

I would choose the beginning of human time because of the pureness of everything.

Yeah... I don't think so. Unless your parents are strong, independent, highly intelligent, and able to constructively criticize society and thus school you at home, you'd be another sap caught in the Every Child Left Behind bullshit non-education system we have now. I went to public school at a place and time when teachers were not bogged down by bullshit testing guidelines and were actually able to teach useful stuff. I shudder to think what goes on now in the schools I attended.

While I can agree with your assessment that the educational system should be revamped, k-12 is a very small part of your life and nobody stops you from further education.

In order to answer the post, you have to look at your whole life through death and the time period.

I know people who say things were better without technology, but ask if they want to go back to carrying coal up from the cellar to heat the house. The short answer: No way!

Technology has made life easier.

The 1920s or the 1960s in America. Both time periods were SO culturally rich--not that others weren't. Something about those decades calls to me.

I also have a thing for the era of the American Civil War. (Well, the FIRST one. ;) )

Jen M.

oh yeah i want go 1970s. sound cool. hippie clothes, marijuana, peace!!! flower power!!!!

Hmm I would picked to go back in 1800's.... like 1850 or something like that.... also I would like to go back into time of early 1900's... like 1910 or something.

I donno... its those time periods that draws me in... must be the historical romance books I've been reading lol.

oh yeah i want go 1970s. sound cool. hippie clothes, marijuana, peace!!! flower power!!!!
I grew up in 60's and 70's, nothing is interest about being in 70's than it was in 60's. 60's were more into hippie, clothes, marijuana and peace than in 70's. Of course if you want to witnessed Vietnam War.

Yuck, anyone who want to go back to those days 1600. 1700. and 1800 yet those people get to drink brown water. unless you have to be smart to boil those water. I was thinking about old movie back to the future, glass of brown water. yummy.

I grew up in 60's and 70's, nothing is interest about being in 70's than it was in 60's. 60's were more into hippie, clothes, marijuana and peace than in 70's. Of course if you want to witnessed Vietnam War.

I love 70s rock and funk, though! :) We did know how to make music back then!

Jen M.

The 70's can be summed up into one word - Queen.

Back