If you could change one thing in history to improve something today what would it be?

Speaking of gas vehicles, how do you think Gas cars won all the competitors.

During 1890's there was gas, electric, steam, and yes Hydrogen!

John Rockefeller was very nervous about electricity because he felt that the invention of electric light bulb would kill his oil business, he worked so hard trying to figure out how to make use of waste oil after they refined into different fuel that leaves what we know is gasoline. Back then gasoline was too violated and nobody figured out how to harness the power of gasoline... Bam! Mercede Benz came up the idea of Internal combustion to propel the vehicle, so that these waste has turned to useful source of energy. Ford Motor corp then heavily advertised the advantage of owning Internal combustion.

With Internal combustion engine, one can go ANYWHERE with jug of gasoline and compared with Steam, which takes 30 minutes to start up and can go pretty much anywhere, plus more work by shovel fuel into firing chamber, and doing it wrong the steam engine CAN blow up, then compared with Electric... look it can go up to 50 miles, and you have to sleep over somewhere for a night to recharge your electric Vehicle, hydrogen back then was much difficult to produce and wasn't reliable...

That is how Internal combustion won the competitors all because of unlimited distance of traveling... Just like what I did couple months ago, went from East coast to West coast with jug of Diesel, I can't do that with today's electric car. Too bad Steam and Hydrogen is out of reach.

For me, I would use to solve the mysterious of crimes, free the wrongly accused and so on. Those criminals deserves NO place BUT prison!

I'd have Hitler's Mommy accidentally drop him on his head from, oh, say, the third floor......

Last edited:
I'd have Hitler's Mommy accidentally drop him on his head from, oh, say, the their floor......

...this the "it' might just pick another evil-doer as a baby to take Hitler's place in another parallel universe and it would have resonated back to our own 'history'..in other words , nothing would have changed...:hmm:

...this the "it' might just pick another evil-doer as a baby to take Hitler's place in another parallel universe and it would have resonated back to our own 'history'..in other words , nothing would have changed...:hmm:

I thought you designed this thread to have fun. Now you want to pick apart what others say....I suppose the same could be said for your own contribution...

I'd have Hitler's Mommy accidentally drop him on his head from, oh, say, the third floor......

While that's understandable - It would be most likely that I wouldn't have my child if that happened. :shock:

For me it would be getting rid of Jean Marc Gaspard Itard before he did his damage.

I thought you designed this thread to have fun. Now you want to pick apart what others say....I suppose the same could be said for your own contribution...
What?

ofc im having fun, not putting you down...just happened to thought about 'fate' and parrallel trajectory..at the time when i wrote 'mine' i did not think for one second as a personal at all. What I was thinking though, it's the 'level of evils' in this world....I don't think we can change balance of igood/evil for some reason, im not religious but i somewhat believe human society and human 'nature' and personality are somewhat tied .connected to another in some ways.....as for my earlier post it was more about inventions rather than deeds...
sorry if you tend to think i was attacking , i wasn't and sorry if it did come across that way....
how have i designed thread? i wasn't the OP, oh you typed out the Wrong word. shouldn't id be 'decided'?

never mind...

touchy!!

I was thinking that it would be great if one of the Native Chief would become the President of Turtle Island (United States of America) in place without George Washington back in the century of 1700. The Native ancestors had been here for centuries so it is right that one of the Native Chief can become the President of Turtle Island. That would be my vision of changing the history. The people who came over from Europe better comply with Native President and the council. I like that thought. :)

I wonder what happen in world if Henery V111 had been treated for syphilis...just random thought

This got me thinking, the chances are we will be living on wasteland if Internal combustion were not invented. Kinda scary, because what are they gonna do with waste batteries? Throw in river, landfill, and so on? Air will be much more polluted from power plants feeding electric fleet of cars. The chances of having places like love canal all over is very likely if electric cars were chosen in mainstream. Also with the idea of waste gasoline would have been dumped into rivers as well like Rockefeller did back then before Internal combustion were invented.

I don't think it was good idea to begin with.

I would make sure the electric car was developed before the gas one.

Fuzzy

Speaking of gas vehicles, how do you think Gas cars won all the competitors.

During 1890's there was gas, electric, steam, and yes Hydrogen!

John Rockefeller was very nervous about electricity because he felt that the invention of electric light bulb would kill his oil business, he worked so hard trying to figure out how to make use of waste oil after they refined into different fuel that leaves what we know is gasoline. Back then gasoline was too violated and nobody figured out how to harness the power of gasoline... Bam! Mercede Benz came up the idea of Internal combustion to propel the vehicle, so that these waste has turned to useful source of energy. Ford Motor corp then heavily advertised the advantage of owning Internal combustion.

With Internal combustion engine, one can go ANYWHERE with jug of gasoline and compared with Steam, which takes 30 minutes to start up and can go pretty much anywhere, plus more work by shovel fuel into firing chamber, and doing it wrong the steam engine CAN blow up, then compared with Electric... look it can go up to 50 miles, and you have to sleep over somewhere for a night to recharge your electric Vehicle, hydrogen back then was much difficult to produce and wasn't reliable...

That is how Internal combustion won the competitors all because of unlimited distance of traveling... Just like what I did couple months ago, went from East coast to West coast with jug of Diesel, I can't do that with today's electric car. Too bad Steam and Hydrogen is out of reach.

I know.But FDR supported some environmental stuff. He supported coal industry. I think he would approve electric car production cause it meant jobs for America. If you gone back and show him electric car ideas and that car he might had went to Henry Ford about it and suggested Ford Motor company start producing electric cars in 1934. Who knows what might happen today. The Oil industry would became history around the 1950s. And Children would be reading about history of oil in books,

This got me thinking, the chances are we will be living on wasteland if Internal combustion were not invented. Kinda scary, because what are they gonna do with waste batteries? Throw in river, landfill, and so on? Air will be much more polluted from power plants feeding electric fleet of cars. The chances of having places like love canal all over is very likely if electric cars were chosen in mainstream. Also with the idea of waste gasoline would have been dumped into rivers as well like Rockefeller did back then before Internal combustion were invented.

I don't think it was good idea to begin with.

most these things sent out to India where the poor people re-do them then they die of mercury poisoning..unfair world they pay price of the West throw away society

Problem is, where to throw spent batteries away? These chemicals in batteries does not just simply disappear. Back then those people have no clue or regulation on what to do with waste chemicals.

I know.But FDR supported some environmental stuff. He supported coal industry. I think he would approve electric car production cause it meant jobs for America. If you gone back and show him electric car ideas and that car he might had went to Henry Ford about it and suggested Ford Motor company start producing electric cars in 1934. Who knows what might happen today. The Oil industry would became history around the 1950s. And Children would be reading about history of oil in books,

Problem is, where to throw spent batteries away? These chemicals in batteries does not just simply disappear. Back then those people have no clue or regulation on what to do with waste chemicals.

With some of them, they still don't.

11/22/1963, the US changed that day and not for the better. Our govt. went from deciding an election at the ballot box to deciding it from the barrel of a gun. If the events of Dallas had not happened that day I think the US and the world would be a different place today.

^^ Same with 1968. That one particular day in Memphis. If that had not happened, most likely our world might be a little better today, but who knows? :dunno:

Iraq afganistan:hmm:

Back