If there were a cure for hearing loss would you take it

I answered this question but in a different thread so I'll again here... at my age no but I might look into it, if I was was young probably, something to consider is unintended consequences, ie. well meaning people put a well in a village so the young girls didn't have to go to the river to fetch water, great right, not really now they no longer had that time to socialize, and you know how important that is for young girls, the time saved was used to increase their chores :hyper: :grouphug::(

Let's say that doctors had invented a cure for hearing loss. :hmm: like a pill, once you swallow it, you'll have 100% normal hearing, no deafness anymore. Would you take it if it was such a thing?

As for me, I wouldn't take it. Yeah, being moderately-to-severely HOH in one ear and fully deaf in the other ear isn't easy. It's a struggle sometimes. But overall I like it. It's my life. So nope. :lol:#deafpower :deaf:

What about you guys? :D
I wouldn’t take it. I’ve been deaf or hard of hearing all my life (I have progressive hearing loss) and after being profoundly Deaf for over half my life I love my cochlear implant because I can hear or be Deaf in a second.

i would in a
Let's say that doctors had invented a cure for hearing loss. :hmm: like a pill, once you swallow it, you'll have 100% normal hearing, no deafness anymore. Would you take it if it was such a thing?

As for me, I wouldn't take it. Yeah, being moderately-to-severely HOH in one ear and fully deaf in the other ear isn't easy. It's a struggle sometimes. But overall I like it. It's my life. So nope. :lol:#deafpower :deaf:

i would in a flash i am severe to profound,i miss listening to music,i hate others having to repeat themselves,i hate being dependent on subtitles,when companies dont give a toss. Although i like i can sleep in any noisy situation. i became deaf at 17 this site seems to be usa based,but i live in uk,i am in the hearing world but dont fit in,neither do i fit in to the deaf world,not in my country.

Last edited:
the cure wouldn't come in pill form anyways...

question in post #1 needs to be phrased better.

read that there was some ground breaking work on repairing the ear canal with new hair which would allow people to hear. this involves operating on your ear!

that said... i would like to hear but would I go thru such an operation? That I don't know.

man I’d take it seriously if they invented a cure for it this is a heaven for me . because I’m struggling to adapt any conversation with random people in meetings , conferences, listen what people talk without even watching lips , quick speeches lol these are my biggest drawbacks I faced since I first wore a digital hearing aid back in 5years and realised I needed to work more to improve these listening skills to become like a normal human :(

I was born with moderate to severe hearing loss and the dumbest thing I faced was tinnitus I didn’t know what tinnitus is like I got to know it after I wore a HA noticed a strange feeling in the ears

yes i would. They are working on a project called REGAIN in the UK.
so hopefully this happens one day.
ever since my hearing got worse, i miss being able to converse&vibe with my fam&friends :(

No.

Of course I would take it. Why not?

Why does everyone want to be else, the girl with curly hair, wants straight, straight wants curly, black wants white ,white wants black, on and on it goes, how boring if all the same, how would we learn if no differences, if I was a writer, me thinks I could do something with this:hmm:

Back