If its REALLY cold where you live...

candybrowneyes

Reaction score
I was watching the Weather on the news the other day and if its really cold where you live, boil some water and throw it in the air!! It evaporates and just turns to steam it looks sooo cool! lol Im such a nerd! haha:crazy:

U arent a nerd..when I was a kid, my friends and I used to watch eggs fry on the sidewalk during the summers in Phx, AZ. LOL!

U arent a nerd..when I was a kid, my friends and I used to watch eggs fry on the sidewalk during the summers in Phx, AZ. LOL!

lol the key words there was "when I was a kid" hahaha Im almost 29 and doing this stuff hahahaha

It was horrible freeze in the morning when I was trying to start my car during minus six. I let my car running for 15 minutes before I drove to work.

I am looking forward spring !! Winter season makes me so depress and isolate to stay home. I do not feel very comfortable to go outside due to too cold.

It was horrible freeze in the morning when I was trying to start my car during minus six. I let my car running for 15 minutes before I drove to work.

I am looking forward spring !! Winter season makes me so depress and isolate to stay home. I do not feel very comfortable to go outside due to too cold.

I feel your pain! It was -40 here the other day! I find it a problem when I live in Iowa and its colder than Alaska LOL

lol the key words there was "when I was a kid" hahaha Im almost 29 and doing this stuff hahahaha

I am not living in AZ anymore but if it gets hot enough here in MD during the summer, I would try to see if an egg can fry here. LOL!

:lol:

The water actually evaporated!?

I love doing things like that. I always loved science and wanting to put it to the test.

like trying mentos and diet coke. :)

lol take pictures!

I will try to remember...when summer comes. Want to see if the air here MD can get hot enough to fry an egg. We have had 100 degree days but I wonder if the humidity will prevent the egg from frying? Aha! An hypothesis I can test out this summer! :lol:

I will try to remember...when summer comes. Want to see if the air here MD can get hot enough to fry an egg. We have had 100 degree days but I wonder if the humidity will prevent the egg from frying? Aha! An hypothesis I can test out this summer! :lol:

Try it, Shel. I lived in Maryland for most of my life. It might work! :lol:

If I remember right, you can see temps up around 102 with a heat index to make it feel like 110 or so? Don't know if thats hot enough, but you can give it a shot! :D

:lol:

The water actually evaporated!?

I love doing things like that. I always loved science and wanting to put it to the test.

like trying mentos and diet coke. :)

yeah! it was neat looked like i threw a bunch of smoke in the air lol Ive tried the mentos thing too, lol IT WORKS! hahahah

I'll tell you how cold it is down here after you pass me the sun tan lotion. What!? Has our local weather guy finally gone nuts!? He says the temps will dip down to the seventies!! OMG. Time for the thick jackets! :D

It did snow (believe or not) only once in Miami (back in 1977) for five minutes. It made the front page of the paper and everything. I remember I was just a little mojon. :giggle:

This also reminds me of the show "Myth Busters" I absolutly love that show.

I have left an whole egg in the car once on the dash on a real hot sunny day. It also cooks.

The first time I saw snow was on trip I took to West Virginia back in '89 (has it been that long?? :hmm:) and the temps went down to single digits!! My tropical body almost freaked out with convulsions!

I remember three things, (1) that my balls were frozen solid come morning, (2) that I took a wrong step in the ice and saw my entire life flash before my eyes, and (3) that scrapping snow and ice from off the windshield of my car totally sucked.

When I got home I ran to the Atlantic and took a Home Sweet Home swim. Then the phrase "Hurricane Season" was brought up - what a bummer. :roll:

I am totally thankful that this is my last winter in the midwest. I found out this week that I will be moving back to Florida. Didn't really want to go there, but now I'm looking forward to it. We are finally thawing out here in the St. Louis area. West Palm Beach, please be ready for us in November of this year.!!

In reading a newspaper from Central Missouri, a lady called the fire department for setting her own house on fire. Her pipes froze, so she went out with a propane torch to thaw them out and set her house to flames. Man-O-Man, I'm glad I'm not her. Total loss on the house and 2 cats and 2 dogs died.

I have family in Chicago and they hate us...they say that the weather really, really, really sucks up there.

:giggle: :lol: :wave: :laugh2:

You know what really stinks about living down here, besides Cat 5 canes, is the very, very ,very high cost of living. Property Taxes, for example, are through the roof. Not funny.

My brother and I are thinking off moving west - Arizona, maybe.

Candy, I live in Minnesota so I'm just north of you. And I've had the same horrible temps you have had. Thank god today is actually 10 degrees!!! :D

The boiling water and throwing it outside sounds like a cool idea, I'm gonna try that! Lord knows it's cold enough here for that.

Candy, I live in Minnesota so I'm just north of you. And I've had the same horrible temps you have had. Thank god today is actually 10 degrees!!! :D

The boiling water and throwing it outside sounds like a cool idea, I'm gonna try that! Lord knows it's cold enough here for that.

lol I feel sorry for you all in MN too! I cannot wait for winter to END! Let me know what your thoughts of the boiling water was! Today it got to 8 degrees! LOL Above 0 is good!

Back