If its REALLY cold where you live...

It rarely gets cold down where I am located. Currently, it is somewhat cool.

thank you for advice on tv secretblend!

thank you brian for compliment. i have not seen you in long time! i hope you are doing well. you are very lucky to be in nice warm place!!!

Yup, it's quite cold during winter but not worse as Chicago.

There's currently light chill with rain in my area, there's no snow, just very rare.

I'm actually enjoying the weather that we are having at the moment.

Sunny, blue skies and 50 degrees.

Now before y'all jump me--remember that we get around 90 inches of rain per year. We are in dire need of sunshine. :lol:

I remember the weather dude say that a mild cold front will bring the temps down to the upper 70s. Brrrr.

I remember the weather dude say that a mild cold front will bring the temps down to the upper 70s. Brrrr.

upper 70s? wow, that's cold for florida. here temperatures are in the 30s -- just beautiful for this time of year.

I just read in today's paper online that here in Minneapolis we are expected to get our January thaw on Saturday. Which, according to the paper, is 35 degrees. WHOOOOO HOO !!!!!! And for ONE day. ;)

I just read in today's paper online that here in Minneapolis we are expected to get our January thaw on Saturday. Which, according to the paper, is 35 degrees. WHOOOOO HOO !!!!!! And for ONE day. ;)

Many Arizonans, especially those who live in Phx, would :shock: at calling 35 degrees a "thaw"!!! :lol:

Many Arizonans, especially those who live in Phx, would :shock: at calling 35 degrees a "thaw"!!! :lol:

LOL .. I remember one year about 10 years ago I went down to Florida in late February. The temperature outside was in the 70's. To me, THAT's warm! My girlfriend and I had gotten tattoos, and the next day we went to Disneyworld. I wanted to let the tattoo "dry" and because it was in the 70's, I had no problem wearing a bikini top and shorts. There were people in line for the rides (that clearly live in Florida, LOL) that were wearing winter coats !!!!!! They all looked at me like I was out of my mind. I still remember that to this day :lol:

around here, the weather is very cold once again. i'm getting cabin fever and can't wait for temperatures to warm back up into the 30s again.

as far as our weather is concerned, it always seems to follow a cycle:

snow ---> extreme cold ---> ice ---> thaw ---> snow... etc., etc.
until june when the weather is actually nice enough to go outside. :giggle:

around here, the weather is very cold once again. i'm getting cabin fever and can't wait for temperatures to warm back up into the 30s again.

as far as our weather is concerned, it always seems to follow a cycle:

snow ---> extreme cold ---> ice ---> thaw ---> snow... etc., etc.
until june when the weather is actually nice enough to go outside. :giggle:

That's true.

Especially black ice! :mad2:

That's how I got injured with two injured discs in my lower back at L3-L4 and at L4-L5 which is near my ass crack. :mad2: My tailbone hit the corner of the steps when I slipped on black ice on the front steps of the apartment building. I was paralyzed for about 20 seconds from the pain and the impact, and then I was able to move. My landlord lived all the way out in Hartford so he does not bother to come down to shovel the steps and the sidewalk. And he does not have a manager, either. :mad2: I could sue the bastard but I don't think I can now, probably too much time has passed and it is too late. This happened in January 2001. :mad2:

LOL .. I remember one year about 10 years ago I went down to Florida in late February. The temperature outside was in the 70's. To me, THAT's warm! My girlfriend and I had gotten tattoos, and the next day we went to Disneyworld. I wanted to let the tattoo "dry" and because it was in the 70's, I had no problem wearing a bikini top and shorts. There were people in line for the rides (that clearly live in Florida, LOL) that were wearing winter coats !!!!!! They all looked at me like I was out of my mind. I still remember that to this day :lol:

Temps in the 70s, and they were wearing winter coats? :shock:

I grew up in Wisconsin and I think 70s is quite warm. I think those people who think 70s is freezing should go to Wisconsin in January when the temperature is -10. That WILL hurt their face...the cold feels like mother nature is literally slapping you in the face!

When I came down here to Texas to look for an apartment and to spend a week with my fiance, it was in February, and the weather was so nice and in the mid-70s. I wore T-shirts and shorts. It was wonderful. A week in paradise! Then I had to come back to Minnesota so I could get everything ready for the move...when I landed in Minneapolis, I got a slap in the face from mother nature! OUCH! I moved down here two months later in April.

I swear I will NEVER move back up north ever again.

35 degrees a thaw? Are you kidding me? Anything below 50 degrees is too fucking cold for me! I used to live just north of the Twin Cities, and I hated it. I also lived in St. Cloud, and I hated it there, too.

I am SO glad I live in Texas. I hate being cold!

i hate the cold too, luciaa. thqt's why ican't wait ubntil i move to arizona this summer. it can't happen toosoon for me.

Back