If its REALLY cold where you live...

and here I am complaining about how cold it is down here..

:(

I really feel for you guys up north.

I love it. Cold makes me feel like I am younger, and stronger. People who whine about being cold are just ........................ :roll:

I love it. Cold makes me feel like I am younger, and stronger. People who whine about being cold are just ........................ :roll:

when its -45 outside you don't feel younger or stronger... lol You feel cold, the news says the other night when it was that cold, being outside less than 10 minutes will give you frost bite. When its so cold you can't leave your house, YES im going to whine:shock:

when its -45 outside you don't feel younger or stronger... lol You feel cold, the news says the other night when it was that cold, being outside less than 10 minutes will give you frost bite. When its so cold you can't leave your house, YES im going to whine:shock:

I'm with you on this! It gets so cold that just a few minutes outside I have tears running down sometimes. I'm not sure why my eyes do that but it does! And my face is so numb I don't even realize it until someone tells me. We up-northerns have to stick together :)

of course, -45 that's different story, but 10 degrees, come on, time to go snowboarding, wear very warm clothes and take someone (your friend/girlfriend/boyfriend/sibling/relative) to drink some hot chocolate or WINE (if over 21) together outside, etc.

My friends who are constructors - they work in 20's something degree and they told me they prefer to work outside that cold than heat, because you can make yourself warm in cold, but impossible to make yourself cold in heat.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrWgmUvENCw]YouTube - Крещение без морозов[/ame]
You try to do that. :laugh2:

Those people in that YouTube video are just crazy. Plain and simple. We have the polar bear dip here too in Lake Calhoun (Minneapolis).

-45!? :shock:

That's like living in Pluto...I mean, Neptune. Pluto is not a planet any longer.

-45!? :shock:

That's like living in Pluto...I mean, Neptune. Pluto is not a planet any longer.

I know! Its colder here right now than it is in Alaska.... I HAVE A HUGE problem with that! lol

However this week will be WARM!

Wx_Image6.JPG

Try it, Shel. I lived in Maryland for most of my life. It might work! :lol:

If I remember right, you can see temps up around 102 with a heat index to make it feel like 110 or so? Don't know if thats hot enough, but you can give it a shot! :D

Yea and I think it is worse than Phx summers!

My daugher and I were walking outside of the mall about 30 mins ago and I felt my face going numb a little bit. It felt like someone put a block of ice on my nose and kept it there.

Been done that when I was 10 years old on Neva River in St. Petersburg, Russia - no kidding. Whenever I find out about DC/MD/VA plan to host the polar bear swimming club, I'd go.

I doubt that you're up for it. :D

:laugh2: you crazy Spetsnaz :laugh2:

russian%20man.jpg

**a pix of Russian eating steak, refusing Vodka with his hand sticking out - "HET! I only drink Ikon" (I'm assuming it's a Russian brand)

I am not living in AZ anymore but if it gets hot enough here in MD during the summer, I would try to see if an egg can fry here. LOL!

Reporter did that in NYC - dropping egg on sewer plate.

It was horrible freeze in the morning when I was trying to start my car during minus six. I let my car running for 15 minutes before I drove to work.

I am looking forward spring !! Winter season makes me so depress and isolate to stay home. I do not feel very comfortable to go outside due to too cold.

damn cabin fever..... :mad2:

I know! Its colder here right now than it is in Alaska.... I HAVE A HUGE problem with that! lol

However this week will be WARM!

Wx_Image6.JPG

Wow. I'm cold just thinking about it. Try to keep warm my friend. Down here the houses, unless it was build a hundred years ago :)eek3:), do not have chimneys since it is really rare for temps to dip under 50(and when that oddity happens it'll last for just an evening). So spark up your chimney, cover yourself with layers of warm clothing, and hope for higher temps. Question: What do you do to keep warm overnight? I do not know since I've never lived outside of Miami- 39 years living down here.

Back