If I wear my CI, is it okay to go through security checkpoint at airport?

Chimajo

Reaction score
If I have my CI, can I go through security checkpoint at airport?

Last year, I went to security checkpoint at first time; however, my teachers told flight assistants (probably officers) about students' CI and rather use padding down instead. After returning to home, I had an appointment with audiologist for checking out. I printed a paper from TSA website and showed it to her. My audiologist said, "Yes, you can go through security checkpoint". I just felt surprised a little.

Here is the link. I printed it from TSA website: Passengers Who Are Deaf or Hearing Impaired | Transportation Security Administration

Have anyone who wear cochlear implant possibly go through security checkpoint before? Internal cochlear implant inside head should be a metal, I know.

I have never had any problems wearing my CI through airport security, you will be fine, it will not trip the detector's alarm.

There are different scanners at every airport. Just let the TSA agent know you have a CI and they will direct you through the screening process that is best for their airport. They just want to know about it in advance--just like they would if you had a pin in your leg from a broken bone, etc.

let security know you have a CI, and keep your CI with you at all times. Should be no problem. I have plenty of CI friends online that fly a lot and they keep their CIs on when going through security.

let security know you have a CI, and keep your CI with you at all times. Should be no problem. I have plenty of CI friends online that fly a lot and they keep their CIs on when going through security.

Okay. I understand. Should I bring my cochlear implant ID? ID is like to show what I have CI.

Okay. I understand. Should I bring my cochlear implant ID? ID is like to show what I have CI.

Yes ... keep the CI card with you as well ... when I was implanted I got mine it has my name and info, audi's name and info and the CI serial number and info as well ... I carry it all the time in my wallet with my drivers license just in case ... and you shouldn't have a problem anywhere with a CI ...

If I have my CI, can I go through security checkpoint at airport?

Have anyone who wear cochlear implant possibly go through security checkpoint before? Internal cochlear implant inside head should be a metal, I know.

I've been through many airport scanners in the last 10 years....still haven't set off any alarms other than the day I had my 1.5 inch Swiss Army scissor/knife kit, at which they treated me like a criminal and confiscated it.

Assholes.

I've been through many airport scanners in the last 10 years....still haven't set off any alarms other than the day I had my 1.5 inch Swiss Army scissor/knife kit, at which they treated me like a criminal and confiscated it.

Assholes.

TSA = Twits, Stooges, and A%$#

Laura

I have never had any problems wearing my CI through airport security, you will be fine, it will not trip the detector's alarm.

*alarm beeping*

alright. hands up. feet apart.

Having had flown so many times, European and recently North Africa. I have walked through the security checkpoints without any problems, however, I haven't been to the states (not since 2002) The security have tightened in the states and now involves tsa which I have not experienced. London airports had been tightened too but differently. I carry my CI card in my pockets and will use it IF they asked for it. Otherwise I just get on with it.

*alarm beeping*

alright. hands up. feet apart.

*slaps hands off my hips*

nutkick.gif

*hurriedly walks to gate* :nana:

my friends already on airport before experience :) insecure before we are review on CI health we are fine everything no pathetic. we are everything fine everything... we knew CI request to Doctor. I need to permission to doctor information to magnet. prevent to magnet reason otherwise x-ray don't want to dangerous. It is very dangerous. it is important to trust to let know specalist. one person told to my client to interpreter already. security clear to thank to let know me. be careful prevent to magnet to cause on eleletrric

risk your information on tell advise you recommand to doctor or information your counsellor better between support . we everything interesting learn it airport
i experience before!
one person lucky!

your protect us to confidental strictly policy contact to specliast to support deaf/hoh pls contact to services client important to recommend deaf/hohs counsellor/doctor!

I believe you serves client help insecure important..they help deaf access communication with us whom counsellor help clear understand tell you share information easy better :)

1) you must to require medication before magnet implant reason
2) implant prevent to x ray why? not safe airport ?

Doctor explain write on paper simply

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut8jnj4ESv8]TSA soldier pat down - YouTube[/ame]

Jiro, why do you post about "TSA soldier pat down"? I think it should be not on this thread.

your question's already been answered. so we can either close this thread or have fun :)

Assholes.

Can see the TSA agent singing to Green427....."Now...back ur azzz against the wall...here I come...balls and all"!...:laugh2:

I was a video store and my HA set the alarm off when I was leaving. I had to take my HA at airport years ago as set the alarm off.

Can see the TSA agent singing to Green427....."Now...back ur azzz against the wall...here I come...balls and all"!...:laugh2:

It would have been more fun if it happened that way....

Picture a certain young male that applied for the job, just because it was a job, not because he wanted to do that kind of work.

Took him 10 minutes to put surgical gloves on while staring at me and everyone else around him.

Took him another 5 minutes to unzip my carry-on and use some special instruments to detect any explosives.

After he confirmed that I don't have a bomb, he went ahead and pulled my deadly weapon out.

He looked around for a supervisor, called him over. Supervisor looks at my 1.5 inch lethal weapon, gives me a "no-no, bad boy" look and puts it in his pocket and walks away.

I had to zip up everything myself, and then all the workers turned around and walked away like nothing happened.

Assholes....

Back