I will be gone...

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
...until I finish reading the New Testament. I hope to complete it by Saturday night. I'm doing this to push myself and for personal reasons. I know a lot of you worry (and it is appreciated), so I thought I would give you a heads up before I signed off until further notice. :wave:

Ok, you are lucky that New Testament is not as thick as the Old Testament. I hope you are a fast reader and come back sooner! :)

I'm back. I have finished reading the New Testament. Therefore; I have completed reading the Bible in all of its entirety from cover to cover in Chronological order. I have been at this since the beginning of July, in short it has taken me near six weeks to accomplish this task that was set before me. I wanted to be found immediately obedient to The Calling. I will admit, however, that there were times where I would not read at all for a week or two, but surely I would return to it and I remained diligent in finishing it. I feel blessed in having accomplished what I set out to do - to read the entire Bible, from cover to cover before my Baptism. In keeping with the rules of this forum and with all due respect to Alex our forum administrator and our moderators, I do not want any religious debate taking place in this thread, but I do however welcome discussion of completing this task.

I applaud your efforts and success on the completion of the reading. I know I have read mine through twice that I can remember, but I also tend to read certain books of the Bible more often than others.

I'm glad for you that you set your goal and that you accomplished it. :)

I'm back. I have finished reading the New Testament. Therefore; I have completed reading the Bible in all of its entirety from cover to cover in Chronological order. I have been at this since the beginning of July, in short it has taken me near six weeks to accomplish this task that was set before me. I wanted to be found immediately obedient to The Calling. I will admit, however, that there were times where I would not read at all for a week or two, but surely I would return to it and I remained diligent in finishing it. I feel blessed in having accomplished what I set out to do - to read the entire Bible, from cover to cover before my Baptism. In keeping with the rules of this forum and with all due respect to Alex our forum administrator and our moderators, I do not want any religious debate taking place in this thread, but I do however welcome discussion of completing this task.

It's an impressive task and not everyone manages it. I try to follow a Bible reading plan that spreads it out over a whole year and read a few chapters every day. So many people think they know what the Bible says, but they don't actually read it for themselves. There are some rather unpleasant characters and incidents in there, but I'm always struck by Jesus's compassion and wisdom most of all. Well done Dixie! :applause:

out of curiosity...has anyone ever read all three: the Bible, Torah, and Koran? If someone did that..it would be interesting to hear the differences and stuff like that :P

Back