I will ask Hearies for only one favour.....

BecLak

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted

I will ask Hearies for only one favour....

To take a STEP in my direction:

S - Sign
T - Text
E - Email
P - Pen and paper

I love it!!! did you think it up or find it somewhere?

I wish I could "like" this million times!

But that is not realist expecting hearies to know how to sign. That would like expecting people to speak English when going to another country .

But that is not realist expecting hearies to know how to sign. That would like expecting people to speak English when going to another country .

I think Becklak is talking about those who have family members who are deaf. Also, many hearing people can learn asl and communicate with each other using asl. They expect us to learn how to used speech and lipread ..well they should learn ASL.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Hearing people can use a voice to text app to communicate but they have to believe that deaf/hoh people are worth the effort. Sadly, some hearing people that don't value deaf/hoh people enough to make an effort are family members.

I love the acronym. I have turned those "steps" into the way I walk through my life on a daily basis.:giggle:

Wirelessly posted

StevieMont927 said:
I love it! That's a great acronym. Mind if I use it if I get the opportunity?

You are welcome to of course.

It's a good one Beklak. It would be neat if it could be used and put as a sign a business who wants deaf customers, and I would support businesses that used it.

Wirelessly posted

shel90 said:

I think Becklak is talking about those who have family members who are deaf. Also, many hearing people can learn asl and communicate with each other using asl. They expect us to learn how to used speech and lipread ..well they should learn ASL.

Yes

Wirelessly posted

sallylou said:
Wirelessly posted (droid)

Hearing people can use a voice to text app to communicate but they have to believe that deaf/hoh people are worth the effort. Sadly, some hearing people that don't value deaf/hoh people enough to make an effort are family members.

That is so true sadly.

Wirelessly posted

Bottesini said:
It's a good one Beklak. It would be neat if it could be used and put as a sign a business who wants deaf customers, and I would support businesses that used it.

Good idea Bott - I was thinking along the line of a Tshirt.

I do not know ASL , but I would had loved it my family had taken in consideration that because I am HOH they made sure I was included in everything they did! Like come and get when they where going out to eat instead of calling me from upstairs!

I started making my needs know early. My family complained about the movie captions when we watched a movie. I quit watching movies with them and they got the hint. My family is generally pretty considerate anyway.

Back