I will ask Hearies for only one favour.....

I started making my needs know early. My family complained about the movie captions when we watched a movie. I quit watching movies with them and they got the hint. My family is generally pretty considerate anyway.

My kids turn my CC off my TV when I'm not home (it's 65 inch widescreen) and it pisses the beejeezus out of me. I tell them, "You have your 'hearing' TV (42 inch widescreen) downstairs. USE IT!!"

It's a good one Beklak. It would be neat if it could be used and put as a sign a business who wants deaf customers, and I would support businesses that used it.

That is a really neat idea. (Wait...do people still use "neat"?:giggle:)

Why do you care if they turn off the CCs when you're not there?

She explained it in her post. That is the deaf TV. They have a hearing TV downstairs.

It irritates me if someone turns the captioning off on my TV, as well, and I'm not even deaf. But I do use the captioning. So leave it the hell alone.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Does it save the setting when you turn off the tv? I think that my ancient tv does.

Wirelessly posted

I don't think it does. That is why it would be annoying if captions are turned off without consent of the one who needs them.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Does it save the setting when you turn off the tv? I think that my ancient tv does.

No, and I have to reset every time someone turns it off. It is a big no no in my house!:giggle:

I started making my needs know early. My family complained about the movie captions when we watched a movie. I quit watching movies with them and they got the hint. My family is generally pretty considerate anyway.
Mine does the same thing.... which is why I don't like watching movies with them. Every time I ask they huff and puff about it, where as my guy's family does it without even having to ask!

It's *MY* space. *MY* room. It's where I feel like me. It feel, when they turn the CC off, like they don't respect me. I don't know if I can explain.
I can TOTALLY understand that!!! When I lived at home my bro would could into my room and watch movies, I find the captioning off! Now, I can see if I wasn't home and it was the living room tv, but when its in YOUR room, no thats your space.

it's as bad as man not putting your seat down after use :)
I live with two guys and its annoying! I've trained my guy well to leave the seat down but now that the roommate came, its 2 against one.... pisses me off to no end!

Why do you care if they turn off the CCs when you're not there?

Because it take a lot to turn it back on. Hassle. Plus, they should respect *MY* room. If they don't want to see CC then go downstairs!! We have large house they do not need to be in *my* room and fiddle? with my settings.

Wirelessly posted

I don't think it does. That is why it would be annoying if captions are turned off without consent of the one who needs them.

It do not revert? I have to shut off receiver then program it but you cannot do the CC if something is recording and I have dual PVR. So, then I have to wait for recording to finish before turning CC back on my TV. Uggh! Very vexing.

Because it take a lot to turn it back on. Hassle. Plus, they should respect *MY* room. If they don't want to see CC then go downstairs!! We have large house they do not need to be in *my* room and fiddle? with my settings.

Makes sense, I can see why you're upset. Is there any sort of parental control on there?

Wirelessly posted

Maybe it takes just a simple thing as locking your room door while you are out?

No, and I have to reset every time someone turns it off. It is a big no no in my house!:giggle:

mines is on auto subtitles (cc) nice modern digital TV, and I can even lock it too (didnt bother but soon) i will lock it so that next tme a visitor stays they cant do anything to rid the CC, after all this is a Deaf house. too bloody bad.

My kids turn my CC off my TV when I'm not home (it's 65 inch widescreen) and it pisses the beejeezus out of me. I tell them, "You have your 'hearing' TV (42 inch widescreen) downstairs. USE IT!!"

really wow sound i am puzzled it

not fair on because on television because on reason oh jeez!

Wirelessly posted

I guess, I think so probably on aware it on figure out somebody on access on locked room because kids on access reason!

It's *MY* space. *MY* room. It's where I feel like me. It feel, when they turn the CC off, like they don't respect me. I don't know if I can explain.

My mom feels the same way. My brother turns it off because he "doesn't wanna have to read it," then my mom comes in and is like, "Why the crap did you turn off CC on my TV? You know I don't understand what's going on without it!"

Oddly, the only time he's ever turned CC on was on the TV in my dorm's laundry room on a program on he wanted to watch when he and my mom came to visit. Nobody else has bothered to turn it off. :P

Wirelessly posted

It is not the kind of room to lock. It is on main floor of house, off kitchen, but was *my* room. Teenagers have huge downstairs area and their own TV. I think they just like bigger TV plus I have surround sound so if watching action movie there is lots of boom.

Back