I was very lucky today...

I am glad to read that you and your puppy safe and okay. Hope your puppy not too badly affected and be okay with other dogs (friendly ones).

why most pitbull very aggressive? is coincidence?

Usually owners or breeders train/encourage them to be aggressive. Not really the dog fault.

i never said to treat like people, but as an equal , but but we live in a human -dominated society/world so if we decided to keep animals, we lead them, so we take a leadership position, but its the Ownership, - to buy/sell/put to death/to get rid of cause 'we can't handle' them do you give away a 2 year old human child because you decided you cant handle /afford feeding, shelterig, (clothing), teaching them(training) or lack of time? absolutely NO!, so in my view we shouldnt grad/throw animals at whim
sentient means with feelings, doesnt mean they are human (alhough i have two of smartest dog breed in the street and they are considered with 'human brain'..ts just a description not to be taken this 'far' human brain cause brainy enought to be stubborn...(which is not the same as being lacking of obiedence)....its different...its more a characteristic that they have a personality!, feelings , as sentinent is at lower level, feeling of pain, suffering, even love of their sibling , babies, but personality perpah not quite but close....but some dogs, chimps,apes, dolphins shows personality!.....
thats all id say otherwise im wasting time trying to educate low intelligence humans...
or those of opinion animals belongs to the ground....(as in cages, or tied up like prisoners)

but it is Nice to consider them as 'people', it shows we taken them on another level as in a haing a relationships liek family dynamics in the household, seeing their varous personalities , teling them off, rewarding, admiring, cuddling, (they cuddle back or curling next to us is a form of 'cuddle' from them...yes indeed...but again its not to mistake sentient as personality, close but not quite....i was arguing more about giving empathy to animals whos have NO control (anymore) in the natural world for it is now raped by human beings...

that true, it person fault for make pitbull aggressive. they teach pitbull fight and rough, not good manner. i was attack by pitbull 3 time before. that why i scared of them. one pitbull did bite very hard on my leg. it bleed so much and deep cut got infect. also i gotten attack by rott once. not all big dog have bad behaviors, but i still not move on about my fear and mistrust bec of experience :(

I understand that. Of all the dogs I've encountered in my life, I was actually attacked by an Old English Sheepdog when I was a kid. I love dogs, but I'm nervous around dogs I don't now.

I'm sorry that happened to you. It's scary!

Jen M.

No. But to be honest with you, I simply have no idea how the dogs have been treated and whether they have been abused or not. But I cannot have them around me and my puppy anymore because the damage is done and they are now vicious. In most aggressive dog breeds, vicious behavior cannot be unlearned, I believe. I've no proof of this but this is just what I think. I would feel better if the dogs that bit me were sent away to an animal sanctuary, or if necessary, euthanized. There are small children living across the street from the house these dogs were living in. I'm scared to walk around in my own neighborhood. This is supposed to be one of the better neighborhoods of San Antonio. I have the right to be able to walk my puppy in a safe neighborhood, the right to feel safe. To want to be safe, to be safe. I'm sorry, but that is how I feel.

I think this is generally accepted as true in the rescue community. That's why dogs are behavior tested, and aggressive ones are not adopted out to families and often are only adopted to an experienced adopter if they are adopted out at all, even if they calm down. You can just never be sure that the dog won't revert.

You can teach them behavior, but you can't undo whatever triggers they have that set the bad behaviors off. Too risky.

Jen M.

Grummer, I appreciate your views on animals. Audiodef and I are big animal people, too.

While our cats are not human (obviously,) I view them as family members, not as "things I own." On a spiritual level, I view animals as my brothers and sisters in Nature. I hope that makes sense.

Jen M.

Grummer, I appreciate your views on animals. Audiodef and I are big animal people, too.

While our cats are not human (obviously,) I view them as family members, not as "things I own." On a spiritual level, I view animals as my brothers and sisters in Nature. I hope that makes sense.

Jen M.

yes , it does makes sense

Wow, glad you are ok... but remember next time, DON'T RUN!

I've learned that lesson... I was bit by German Shepard because I ran from it.... not a good idea. The story was that my friend and I was playing Frisbee and it went over to the fence of our neighbor's. so we both went up to the door and knocked. The girl about my age opened the door and there was the German Shepard growling at us. my friend and I slowly backed away and we both made run for it as the dog started chasing us. My friend went one way and I went other way... due to bad luck, the dog decided to chase me instead and bit me in the butt.

Ever since, I've been afraid of German Shepard because of bad experience. That dog has bit one kid in the head that he had to go to the ER, and that dog also bit a young man in the leg as well! The boy was living on the left side of the house while the young man was living on the right side of the house, the house that has that vicious dog. Many of us has called the police, to take the dog away... but instead the neighbor who owns the dog blames us all and moved away!

Now I'm starting to get over the fear of German Shepard.... Even two of my dogs are part German Shepard and they are the sweetest dogs ever!

In other subject that you guys talked about Pit Bulls.... I dont trust them at all. Yes I have met nice pitbulls but still I don't trust them, not after what happened to my son.

My son's grandparents had two pitbulls at the time, a red nose and blue nose pitbulls. This happened when he was only two! One day, while all of us was sitting in the living room, my son was petting Scrappy, the red nose pitbull like he usually does and then out of blue Scrappy jumped up and bit my son in the face. Luckily he did not lose his eye, as that's where he was bit. He was taken to ER and had to have stitches... he still has the scar to this day! His grandparents were pissed, they gave Scrappy away, not wanting her to be around the children, not after what it happened! Their other dog BOBO, the blue nose pitbull is friendly, never bites or anything... he's the only pitbull I trust.

We don't know why out of blue Scrappy bit him... he wasn't hurting her or anything... they have known each other for a year.... and we have no idea why she bit him...

but my story is I don't trust them pitbulls, period.

My sister got bitten in the face once (thankfully no scars) by an aggressive Rottweiler. Here's how the story went:

Mom took my sister to a drug dealer's house in 1987
and left my sister outside the front yard inside the fence and went inside. Next thing my mother heard was screaming from my sister and she ran outside, seeing the dog over my sister with his mouth on her face. Needless to say, mom took my sister away from the dog and went home.

That afternoon, dad came home and found out what happened to his daughter. Boy, he was pissed off, both at my mother and at the drug dealer. So he jumped into his pick up truck, drove out to the drug dealer's house and walked up to the fence. Right away, the dog ran barking at dad loudly and dad pulled out his gun and shot the dog point blank, instantly killing it. The drug dealer heard the gun shot and ran out the door shouting "What do YOU think you're doing!?"
Dad pointed the gun at the man saying, "That dog bit my daughter. As for you, I suggest you leave town tonight and never come back. Or I will come and I will find you."

The man left town and never came back.

Excuse me - WHAT ?!!!!!!

this is the sickest, saddest story I ever heard.
what did the poor dog did to your father??

WHY did your mother went to the DRUG DEALER place in the first place, and with a child in tow at that ?!
and how was that a dog's fault ?????????????????????????
WHO leaves a child alone outside, in a strange area at that?!

how was that a dog's fault for being made what it was being made ??

for cripes sake, I find it hard to believe this story is real. Nah, it's troll or spam.

Fuzzy

OMG!I'm so glad your son is OK, and I understand why you feel that way! That's terrifying!

Jen M.

LuciaDisturbed,

tell me how your bite wound feel now. you need go see doctor IMMEDIATELY if become red or swollen with yellow or white inside. there many bacteria in dog mouth can cause infect if bite. one time when my mom young, she have dog and one time it bite her hand hard. her hand become very swollen and she need go hospial bec infection. doctor put iv with antibiotic in her bloodstream BLOCK infect. she become very sick!!!!! careful!

My wounds looks better than it did the day I was bitten. I am constantly checking and treating my bite wounds. There is some soreness but that is to be expected. I plan to go to the doctor to get a tetanus shot. And Animal Control will let me know if the dogs had rabies or not. I hope they euthanize the dogs as they are vicious.

WHY did your mother went to the DRUG DEALER place in the first place, and with a child in tow at that ?!
and how was that a dog's fault ?????????????????????????
WHO leaves a child alone outside, in a strange area at that?!

I was wondering the same things. :shock:

I am glad that you're doing okay. I am sorry about what happened, but importantly, you're safe and sound! That is what matters.

Back