I was very lucky today...

LuciaDisturbed

Reaction score
I was out walking my Chihuahua Javier around the neighborhood and some idiot had left the gate to their driveway and yard open and the dogs off leash/leads, and a couple of aggressive breed dogs got out and they came over to me and began sniffing my puppy and that's when I grabbed my puppy and began running and they came after me and attacked me in five places. I was able to protect Javier and I managed to scare the dogs away by banging on somebody's door and that's when some eyewitnesses saw all of it and one of them began throwing rocks at the dogs and I was able to get away from the dogs and I ran over to the witnesses and I checked my puppy over and thankfully he is just fine, just frightened and shaken but otherwise fine and we called 911. The cops took forever to show up but they eventually showed up and I and the witnesses told them our story of what all happened and they called animal control and they took half an hour to show up and when they did show up they took an hour to catch the dogs and they took the dogs away and left a notice for the owner of the house the dogs came from and gave me a paper to sign and a paper to inform me that the dogs are going to be quarantined for ten days to make sure they don't have rabies and that if they do have rabies they will let me know so I can go in to have the rabies shots and hopefully they don't have rabies. The whole ordeal took about two hours. I was impressed at how professional the police were (they usually suck in my case) and with the animal control. I had lost my cell phone in the whole ordeal but at the end was able to find the phone after the dogs had been caught. The witnesses were extremely nice and gave me a chair to sit in and a can of soda to drink while waiting for the authorities to arrive. I consider myself extremely luck to make it out of this alive and with mild bites and injuries and with my puppy uninjured. It was because I had hugged my puppy tightly while fighting the dogs off and trying to escape the dogs. I have five bites and a bunch of bruises and scrapes and stuff like that. I came home and took a hot bath to clean out all the bites and scrapes and then put on some first aid stuff on my injuries and put on clean clothes and now I feel better. The weird thing is that while I was bitten I didn't feel pain just tugging and numbness but afterwards the injuries hurt a little bit now. I'm okay now and Javier is now having a ball shredding paper like he usually does. I am grateful that we are both okay and that it was not any worse than what it is now. This is the 4th time in my life that I've been bitten by a dog. I am extremely thankful today.

Jeez!!! Glad you and your new puppy okay! :( :(

You really are lucky. I hope they don't have rabies, and I am glad your puppy is fine.

Man!!! Glad to know you are both okay after this. That's just totally wild!!

Sorry to hear about this. I would have done the same thing you did, protect my doggie and fight the aggressive dogs. It happened to me and my doggie before also. And I scooped her up and turned my back on the aggressive dog and hollard..."Down"! "Down!"...but the dog would not stop jumping on me to get to my doggie, so I punched the dog in the nose. I finally was able to get back home and kicking at the dog all the way. But when there are "2" dogs, that's a problem! You're so lucky, and I'm hoping the dogs don't have rabies.

I'm glad you and Javier are OK. I hope the owner is fined for not controlling the dogs. You could have been seriously injured!

Jen M.

Wow that's quite a scary story! I'm very glad you are alright.

wow. It must have been scary for you. I'm glad you're ok and you only have minor injuries. :hug:

I hope those dogs don't have rabies so you won't need those shots.

Gosh, this is TERRIFYING!
And you are so brave!
And thank heavens for the good Samaritan who helped you!

I am glad you are okay and your doggy is okay, whew.

Please let us know when you get the info whatever happened to these dogs, and if the owner was at least fined. I hope he did a lot!

Fuzzy

You need to go to Emergency room or see your Doctor STAT !! Get documentation of injuries & contact a lawyer-

Wow you're very lucky!! When did you have a tetanus shot last? I was bitten by a client cat and had to get a tetanus shot as I could not remember when I had my last. I am really happy you and puppy did not get seriously hurt. It had to been very frighten for your puppy too.

Dog Bite

You need to go to Emergency room or see your Doctor STAT !! Get documentation of injuries & contact a lawyer-

So glad your OK. I would have fought just like you for my little dog. If you don't go to a doctor, at least*******take pictures of your injuries**** just in case you need them later.

Wirelessly posted

Wow!! Glad to hear that you're okay!!! And your puppy too!!! Definitely take pictures of all the injuries.

The cops did take pictures of all my bites and injuries for animal control and for evidence. This is a new neighborhood for me as I had just moved here right after Thanksgiving and I've had my puppy for a month already. I will be going to the doctor for a tetanus shot, I did not think of that. Thanks to the one poster who mentioned the tetanus shot, that is an excellent idea.

I cannot believe that the dogs' owner had the dogs running loose as there were several very small kids living across the street from him! The mothers who witnessed the dogs biting me were frightened for their children. I hope the owner doesn't get his dogs back at all as I do not want to see these small children getting hurt. I cannot believe that some people can be so irresponsible as this owner. It makes me angry that they cannot or won't think of the safety of other people and other pets.

I might think about suing the owner but not for financial gains. It would be for the safety of other people, children, and other pets. I would like to see that this owner be banned from owning dogs for life, especially if he cannot be responsible for his dogs' actions and behaviors.

I don't mean to sound and be harsh but this is exactly what I think and how I feel about people not being responsible for their dogs and the safety of the people their dogs are around.

I am very diligent about keeping my puppy on a 5 foot leash at all times when I and him are outside and that 5 foot leash saved his life because I was able to quickly scoop him up when I saw the other dogs. This is exactly why I did not buy the adjustable leash lead. It would have been hard and difficult to reach to my puppy if he was so far away on the adjustable leash and he could have been killed or seriously injured. Javier is a very lucky little Chihuahua puppy and I am a very lucky human being. I am so grateful that Javier did not get injured and/or killed and that I did not suffer serious injuries beyond the extent of the injuries that I currently have. I am very lucky I did not suffer damages to my face or neck or to any major arteries in the body.

And I am very thankful. And I love Javier so very much and am lucky to have him in my life. Ever since I got Javier, my life has become so much more brighter and I feel much more happier. Pets are such wonderful little beings with wonderful special spirits in them.

whew.... you're safe in one piece including your dog. next time - do not run away from aggressive dogs. ever. you're basically telling them to chase you like a prey. if necesary - scream at dogs and bang on something while backing away from them but do not ever run.

whew.... you're safe in one piece including your dog. next time - do not run away from aggressive dogs. ever. you're basically telling them to chase you like a prey. if necesary - scream at dogs and bang on something while backing away from them but do not ever run.

Advice noted. Thanks! I think I will begin carrying my walking cane so I will have something to bang on the ground if this happens again, just for my own protection and to ward off dogs that tries to attack me. It's metal so it can make a loud noise. Someone advised me to buy a whistle and to buy a pepper spray. Someone else also advised me to either jam my finger into the dog's eye or into the dog's anus to get the dog to back away - yuck! :shock::jaw:

Back