I was deaf all along.

kevin72

Reaction score
i

Last edited:
Do believe he asked for some "advise"...then deleted his post....How in high-heaven could somebody be DEAF for 42 years and not know it?....:lol:...Maybe he lived in a Cave?....Or he used those "Ear Trumpets"?....

It sound like he want to be deaf wannabe. That is weird as I did not see his first post but what A Nihilist and rockin'robin mentioned about him being 42 years old. You mean to tell me that he did not know he had deafness or hearing loss for all those times. Was he born deaf or lose his hearing when he was a kid?

How did he communicate with hearing people like learning how to lipread them or write with papers and pen? I can not believe he never knew about his hearing loss. Did he went to the doctor for his ears check up? How about him going to the audiologist to get his hearing test? :confused:

It sound like he want to be deaf wannabe. That is weird as I did not see his first post but what A Nihilist and rockin'robin mentioned about him being 42 years old. You mean to tell me that he did not know he had deafness or hearing loss for all those times. Was he born deaf or lose his hearing when he was a kid?

How did he communicate with hearing people like learning how to lipread them or write with papers and pen? I can not believe he never knew about his hearing loss. Did he went to the doctor for his ears check up? How about him going to the audiologist to get his hearing test? :confused:

He said he was born hoh. I did not know I was hoh until I got a hearing test at 8 year old. I was born hoh and just thought everyone heard like I did . I think my doctor was living under a rock if he could not tell I was hoh from my speech.

That's nice....

I heard of women not knowing they're pregnant and having a baby 9 months later , so who know the guy could had been deaf that long and had known it. We'll never know the whole story now b/c the guy felt that people where being offensive to him. It would had been nice if people gave the guy some time to tell what was going with him.

I heard of women not knowing they're pregnant and having a baby 9 months later , so who know the guy could had been deaf that long and had known it. We'll never know the whole story now b/c the guy felt that people where being offensive to him. It would had been nice if people gave the guy some time to tell what was going with him.

That's nice...

I'm just surprised that for once it wasn't me, offending the newbie...

Maybe I caused some confusion by using the word deaf, I 'am not completely deaf. After failing a recent medical test due to my hearing it was investigated further and I have been told that I have been moderately deaf since birth or shortly afterwards. I'm now told I need hearing aids and many of the problems I have had up to now are due to the fact that I was not communicating properly. I was wondering had anyone found themselves in the same position?

Maybe I caused some confusion by using the word deaf, I 'am not completely deaf. After failing a recent medical test due to my hearing it was investigated further and I have been told that I have been moderately deaf since birth or shortly afterwards. I'm now told I need hearing aids and many of the problems I have had up to now are due to the fact that I was not communicating properly. I was wondering had anyone found themselves in the same position?

You kind of stumbled into a nest of sarcastic Deaf people by accident. Even though you count yourself a a late identified hard of hearing person, I am putting a link to a thread for you where you can find a lot of people with many of your same concerns. Good luck. :)

http://www.alldeaf.com/our-world-our-culture/62953-adjustment-late-onset-deafness.html

Hey about the baby thing, some women do get pregnant and stay that way and don't notice! I once saw a TV show ( can't remember what it was called for the LIFE of me! ) but the lady thought she had to take a poo.... and turned out when the looked in the potty, there was a baby in there! The baby was fine of course! However, I'm just saying anything is possible, the human body is a strange thing!

Annnnnnnnnnnyway.... :ugh:

I see kids all the time that come in ranging from 5-10 that have hearing issues that nobody suspects. They're not completely deaf, they're just HoH. Of course it's not terrible but it's definitely noticeable and they would definitely benefit from a H.A. Weirder things have happened. :dunno2: At the age of 42 though... that I might be a little skeptical on. *shrug*

I was hoh long before I knew it. It sounds kind of impossible but that is what happened. A couple I knew from growing up did an intervention on me. It was not an easy experience. I continued doing handyman jobs on the side after high school and was over there a lot for a while building a play ground for their children.
The two kids and mom were there at various times as we discussed ideas and the kids played on stuff I had already put in.
The couple had me over for supper and frankly discussed with me what it meant that I could not understand anything their children said. They explained to me how they talked a lot louder than normal to me so I could understand. I was staggered. They were matter of fact.
I went and got tested and got my first set of hearing aids.

I don't think I had a hearing aid until I was 25 years old. Still I don't think I admitted that I was deaf until a few years later. Now I say I am deaf. I wear a CI. Growing up in the right place, you get teased for anything and the day goes on. At the end of the day. You know something different. Well the doctor told parents as you get older things change. I was not ready for those changes, I was able to play and talk like any ordinary child and went to school without problems. Still everyone had a hearing test. They did not tell the parents take them to get a hearing test.
@Mewtilation, I knew I was pregnant but I did not know I was in Labor. The doctor was a foreign but sending me home. I was going to the bus stop but I had to stop and cry in the chapel at TMC in KCMO. A woman hear me crying. I thought I was peeing on myself and could not control it.

Hey about the baby thing, some women do get pregnant and stay that way and don't notice! I once saw a TV show ( can't remember what it was called for the LIFE of me! ) but the lady thought she had to take a poo.... and turned out when the looked in the potty, there was a baby in there! The baby was fine of course! However, I'm just saying anything is possible, the human body is a strange thing!

Annnnnnnnnnnyway.... :ugh:

I see kids all the time that come in ranging from 5-10 that have hearing issues that nobody suspects. They're not completely deaf, they're just HoH. Of course it's not terrible but it's definitely noticeable and they would definitely benefit from a H.A. Weirder things have happened. :dunno2: At the age of 42 though... that I might be a little skeptical on. *shrug*

I wanted to asked the OP questions about growing up ,if he had trouble in school etc. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and see what they say next. If you give someone enough rope they'll end up hanging their self
with their lies.

Hey about the baby thing, some women do get pregnant and stay that way and don't notice! I once saw a TV show ( can't remember what it was called for the LIFE of me! ) but the lady thought she had to take a poo.... and turned out when the looked in the potty

I saw that one too, and for those special cases the mother didn't have a big bump. It's strange but some women when they have a baby it goes inward and they don't look fat at all so it's reasonable to think that they're not pregnant.

You might be thinking of the show I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant, I think it comes on TLC? Strange stuff

Back